Handbrake settings for iPad conversion?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Jun 5, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

So trying to convert a DVD for viewing on my iPad but there are tons of settings that I'm clueless about, and no presets for iPad just iPhone/iPod touch etc

Can somebody fill me in which settings should I be using for best quality?

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

The latest version of handbrake has an iPad preset. Make sure you have the latest version 0.95

3. coreypiko macrumors newbie

Where in handbrake do you find the option of using ipad settings?

Also I have experienced and suffered audio that is too low when ripping dvds for ipad use. is there any way to boost the audio?

4. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

[​IMG]

5. hashsi99 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Do you guys uncheck the large file size?

6. coreypiko macrumors newbie

thanks so much RossMc

Do you happen to know if this also optimizes audio settings as well? I have ripped dvds with handbrake and the volume is too low.

7. rkheyfets macrumors regular

I also have the volume too low problem, any advise would be appreciated

8. zaxdude macrumors 6502

Is the volume "too low" scenario occurring when listening with earphones or when listening through the the ipad speakers?

I've not had any issues with volume when listening through my earphones. However, I have grown to not expect much from the external speaker. Depending on ipad placement and room/environment conditions, the volume can seem pretty low. It's not a result of any handbrake deficiency.

IMHO, Apple could make definite improvements in the speaker quality/capability.

9. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I've been doing everything on the ATV2 setting, since I do watch my stuff through Apple TV. Looks fine on iPad as well.

10. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I also have had the volume too low problem with Handbrake. Movies I have ripped by other programs have no problem with the volume.

11. mfram macrumors 65816

The newest versions of Handbrake built from source contain a setting to increase sound. I set mine to +6dB and movie sound levels are much better. I'm not sure if there's a pre-release binary for Mac or not. I'm compiling HB under Linux.

12. italkidevice macrumors newbie

Handbrake Sucks (My Opinion)

Well to be honest I don't like using handbrake. I mean it is great because it is universal (Mac & PC) but it doesn't have much to offer. Also, when I was setting it up and decided to stop the installation after watching a review of it, it froze my computer and restarted "Windows Explorer". Which was annoying... -.-

Well so instead I use Any Video Converter which is epic. It looks like a cheapy PC program but is really useful. It converts any video format to any other (Mobile/iPod etc.) If you are wondering, here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtW6Wt311-4

I know you are just looking for settings but god that program is a hassle. With Any Video Converter it is preset so alot better.