Hands-On Video Shows Alleged 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus and 6.1-inch LCD iPhone Dummy Units

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Guy Clark Suspended

Guy Clark

How does that explain the prostrate protruding camera ?

2. usurffree macrumors newbie

I struggle thinking I could ever see my watch as something to help productivity. I do like the cellular add last year as I'll often walk down the hall at work and can see if a person is calling that I may need to rush back to my office and take their call.

Where the watch is a life changer is the fitness piece.(Fitbit in same manner). If everyone would just wear it a month without modifying their habits to get a baseline, then add 50% more activity after that the rest of their lives, they may add years or a decade to their life. I'm 5'10" and before the first Fitbit, I hovered around 190-200lbs. Once I started with that Fitbit, and now moved onto the Apple products, I've doubled what I found that original baseline to be for my lifestyle.

I now stay around 160, but can really work my ass off and pop even my lowest abs if I want to go crazy on diet during Summer. But it helps a person become systematic if you'll actually dive into the information provided.

3. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I expect it will be like holding the 8 plus

4. k3ith macrumors regular

k3ith

5. trekkie604 macrumors 68000

trekkie604

they should make it thicc enough so that the camera doesn't stick out!

6. ender21 macrumors 6502

ender21

That's my situation. I stopped upgrading yearly at the 6plus, and right now have the 7plus, but have been eyeing the X for a while but still wanted a larger screen than that. So if true, the 6.5" oled would be right up my alley. But at it's likely price point I'll end up going from bi-yearly, to tri-yearly! :D

7. leftoverbacon macrumors newbie

...and they still can't get rid of the camera bump on the back

8. MoreRumors? macrumors 6502a

I'd rather have slightly larger screen.

9. Mr. Dee macrumors 68020

Mr. Dee

I satisfied my need for a larger iOS device by purchasing an iPad Pro with LTE.

10. MyMacintosh macrumors 6502

MyMacintosh

Reminds me of the iPhone 6 at first glance. I like the shape of the 7/8 plus lenses

11. felixroqu3 macrumors 6502

felixroqu3

The bigger iPhone X will probably be the exact same size as the current Plus versions, except with no bezels, no? It also might be heavier like the current iPhone X. Hmm.

The world doesn't revolve around them? The dude was just giving his opinion on a FORUM. No need to be aggressive. Calm down.

12. Jsameds macrumors 68040

There are already multiple flagship large screened iPhones to choose from, so your needs are already catered for.

13. Guy Clark Suspended

Guy Clark

Bring back the iPhone 4s the finest smartphone ever made.

14. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

I’m with you on that. I usually upgrade each year, but I absolutely love the X (except the price). It’s so fast, smooth, gestures are awesome, and screen is big and beautiful in a small footprint. Though the bigger screen on the upcoming plus version is tempting, I just love how the current X feels in my hand with the Apple leather case. Feels perfect. I’m skipping the upgrade this year.

15. DrumApple macrumors 6502a

Blah just as boring design as ever. Did they even change anything? Do they even try anymore?

16. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Never mind, I just figured it out for myself.

Mods please feel free to delete this post.

17. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Yes last year

You don’t change design each year

18. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I do. No need to be presumptuous, its un-necessary.

Is this supposed to take away that you completely misconstrued the article contents inadvertently and the fact these ‘Dummy units’ surface every year? Really not sure what your point is, given others apparently understood what I posted and evidently you didn’t.

19. dazz87 macrumors 65816

dazz87

20. bluespark macrumors 68000

There has never been any suggestion Apple planned to switch connectors on the iPhone, at least anytime soon. What you may be thinking of is the fact that the included Lightening cable will terminate to a USB-C (replacing the USB on the current cable), and that the adapter will accept that cable's USB-C.

21. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

I wonder what is even gonna be different on the 2018 X vs the 2017 X? Looks like there’s gonna be nothen different at all. In that case I definitely won’t upgrade.

22. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

It will have a better camera, a faster more energy efficient processor & that's about it. Very little reason to upgrade from the 2017 iPhone X to the 2018 model.

23. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Until the keynote who knows...can’t judge now when we don’t know any details

24. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

That is true. We will see but if it’s just the camera that’s different I won’t upgrade. No reason for me to. As the current X has a good camera and I don’t even use it very often anyway.

25. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

True. I don’t know where (not being sarcastic, but sincere) people have been getting the idea that the Lightning port on ANY iPhones would or will be replaced with a USB-C port.

Not gonna happen, ever, IMO. ALL ports will be eliminated before that would happen, again IMO.