Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YonTom

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2019
I cannot for the life of me understand why this app is not releasing on Mac also. Many people take journaling seriously, and doing introspection is much easier sitting on a desk than holding your phone in your hand (like, what??) The way I see this, this is more of a private Instagram than it is an actual journaling app. I’ll be sticking with DayOne for now.

Reactions: brgjoe

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I cannot for the life of me understand why this app is not releasing on Mac also. Many people take journaling seriously, and doing introspection is much easier sitting on a desk than holding your phone in your hand (like, what??) The way I see this, this is more of a private Instagram than it is an actual journaling app. I’ll be sticking with DayOne for now.
You can bet Apple is working on the Mac version.

callison

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Anyone know why privacy settings are blocking the journal prompts? I’ve toggled every setting I could think of and can’t get the prompts to show…

IMG_3160.png

simon3163

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
I’d like it to be a full on AI life logger. So it knows everything. What emails I’ve sent, what messages I’ve sent who I’ve called. Then suggest I log it all at the end of each day..

Then I can type.. when did I last pay my car insurance… and it knows..

Maybe not for all though.

Reactions: boston04and07

hybra

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
I thought you can run iphone apps on Mac?

Infuspeur

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2023
“an option to be discoverable by others to help prioritize the suggestions of other people.”

What does this mean exactly? There are so many contacts in my phone that my location turns out to be almost public info?

CheffyDude

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2022
So you get this guy who’s never tried the app- never even seen it- to explain it to us? This dude couldn’t explain himself out of a paper bag. Please, next time can we watch someone who’s prepared and knows what they’re talking about. What a waste of time.

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2018
I do a lot of note-taking and journaling in the Day One app, and historical data matters to me…but I have to say the mental state reminders from Apple Health are nice. Having a journaling app seems like the next step in the evolution of app-supported self-awareness.
Aren’t apps distractions?

wallaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Iowa
Aren’t apps distractions?
Depends on whether you’re using them with intent. The mood check-ins are more of a gut-check in the middle of the day, a quick reminder to be aware of how you’re feeling and why. Awareness being the benefit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.