Handy Flashlight is back in the iTunes app store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by braddick, Jul 30, 2010.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

[app]Handy Flashlight[/app] is back. I don't know if it still offers tethering, and I'm a bit surprised it was somehow placed back, but there it is.

How long, who knows?

I have the app already yet there was no update waiting for me this morning, so it is likely the same app as before but without the tethering easter egg.

2. kolax macrumors G3

Doesn't have tethering. Glad I got it first time round!

3. TRazzy66 macrumors newbie

TRazzy66

Different developer and slightly different name. Added "flashlight."

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I hope the original developer drops the hammer on this guy and in a hurry.

5. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Just another d*****bag copycat developer trying to cash in, just like this one
    Love his review.

Attached Files:

6. md10101 Guest

It is a fake! It is August 2012 and you could still buy it .... It is by apple not by this mark Sands guy .... If you follow the link to the developer his site does not even exists ... How gets the money?
    Apple pulled the real app down but they miss advertise this , showing a purple screen that you can not even get!
    I think they can actually get sued for this ! Fake advertising !

7. md10101 Guest

I really think that the can get sued for false advertising .... Look carefully at the pics :confused:
    they show a tethered purple screen with a different carrier!!! I took these captures on my phone

8. md10101 Guest

@Kilamite can you please share the original? my user name is my gmail address
    i don't want your apple ID all I want is a copy of the Original handy light ...This is driving me crazy :(

9. kolax macrumors G3

It is a rather tedious procedure setting it up each time.

You'd need to jailbreak to install it because it isn't authorised with your Apple ID, and there's far better options if you jailbreak than using this.

10. md10101 Guest

Thank you for the reply....

I am not sure what do you mean ?
    I thought you could email me the original if you could
    It is a quest seeing the actual ipa
    That is all I want .... Would not bug you for help installing or any thing else
    I can't post the link here but if you google "handylight.ipa"
    Yahoo gives a link .... The file is 239kb but seems to be a fake!
    No png buttons inside .... I synced that one to my not jailbroken phone and it did install but was nothing but a black screen that exited :(

11. md10101 Guest

@Kilamite
    Any chance of just getting the real handylight.ipa emailed ?
    Please
    This is making me go crazy it is like a treasure hunt for me now
    I don't get the secrecy behind this app?

12. md10101 Guest

This is what I feel like in general about the handy light :eek:

13. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Someone else's app won't work on your phone due to DRM.

14. md10101 Guest

I never asked about that ....
    I just asked for a copy of it that's all

----------

I just want to cry
    How hard is it to get a copy of the real handylight.ipa ?

15. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

It would be illegal for someone to provide you a copy of an app they purchased.

16. md10101 Guest

The app was deamed illegal by apple and pulled for so being a Trojan
    So no it would not be illegal .... I would never ask for any other app
    Also my username is my gmail address that is how they would send me a copy
    It is NOT illegal since apple deamed it to be an illegal app a virus to be exact
    For the sake of argument it is emailed privately how would anybody know?
    Why can I not find a nice person to email me a real copy of the original?

17. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Sharing an app (it is software) is piracy and so it is illegal in this case. You better stop arguing about this or you may get in some trouble here on Macrumors.

18. md10101 Guest

In anycase I did mention my private email so I won't not get into this argument with people on an open forum .... People keep responding I guess I should have known better than respond back

19. md10101 Guest

Ya great, all that time I wasisted with apple on the phone ... I told them I wanted to share handylight app (I paid for extended support and even gave them my iPhone serial to identify my self)
    I should have recorded the conversation for you
    Interesting apple mentioned jailbreaking to me hahahahaha
    I asked them about it being illegal
    You should call apple yourself . Not an app they see as Legite software , they don't really care about handylight ... They banned it ! People can do what ever they want with their copies
    NOT with any other app!
    Intersting that they were offering money back for that app purchase LOL

20. md10101 Guest

But......
    I thought that tethering apps allow you to hook up your iphone and tether your wifi instead of you 3G....

I have no internet at home but I live in a wifi hotspot... I can hook my iPhone to my PC and have internet via tether right away!

apparently you can NOT do this with theses so called tethering apps ...you need a computer with wifi card in it....well I went out and bought one and the minute I installed it I pick up the same wifi that my iPhone can ...so what is the point to these apps?

Not real tethering apps in my Opinion if you need a wireless card .... you are sharing wifi to wifi YES! But not real tethering !!!!!

Now I know why the apple guy I talked to told me that this is not a real tethering app!!! and they have not seen it as far as he knew - iPhones can not do that yet

This is NOT tethering if you need the computer to have a wireless card !!! It is wifi like between a printer that has wifi and a phone which you can send documents too!!!!

When I tether my 3G it says "1 Hotspot connected" and I have internet accesses immediately

That is what I thought these tethering apps did but using your wifi instead of 3G

21. Uguubot macrumors member

Uguubot

I'm fairly sure tethering is the act of hooking your iPhone up to your computer to use the 3G/4G data on your computer, not what you're describing.

22. kolax macrumors G3

Tethering is using your iPhone's data connection (GPRS, EDGE, 3G or 4G) on your computer.

These tethering 'hack' apps involve you setting up a wireless network on your laptop, connecting your iPhone to it, and a little tinker later, you can use your laptop anywhere and have internet.

23. md10101 Guest

I do not agree
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tethering

You are sharing your iPhone conection to a lap top or pc
    But if I need to have a wireless card than I can pick up the same signal that my iPhone can .... No point to these apps
    Even wireless cards on older pc's have a built in antena so they can pic up the same signal strength as your iPhone and even more ....
    The new wireless cards , USB adapters, and those new tiny tumb drive adapter are even stronger duel band ....
    In order to set up an adhoc you need wirless card if you have that you can pick up the same signal as your iPhone ... No need for app!