Handy Light app problems.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shorts., Jul 22, 2010.

1. Shorts. macrumors member

Ok I got the app. And set it up exactly how it said. It didn't work so for the ip address on my Mac I changed it to 13.37.13.38(instead of .37) and it worked fine. Then the next day for some reason it wouldn't work. I tried the exact same settings over and over again and nothing. Believe me the setting are exact. Is there something I can do or fix to get this working again

2. Fyrestarter00 macrumors newbie

I actually can't even get the app onto my phone for some reason, its in my library just fine but refuses to sync in.

3. surfbo740 macrumors newbie

Does it say it needs a newer firmware? Just wondering, because I tried to sync it to my iPad (for the hell of it) and it said the iPad needed newer firmware. I know it doesn't have 4.0 yet, and that it does work on my iP4 running 4.01. Just a note, that I did purchase the app on my iPhone, so I haven't had any trouble syncing there.

4. Fyrestarter00 macrumors newbie

It gives me some silly error code and takes me to Apple Support. I didn't get it on my phone though, I got it through my PC....

5. sneezymarble macrumors 6502

Follow these instructions.

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Got the ipa file, no install for me

I was given access to a copy of the ipa for Handy Light after it was pulled from the App Store. Put it in the proper folder, it showed up in iTunes and I selected it as an app to sync. Unfortunately I got an "unknown error" from iTunes when it tried to install on my iPhone.

Bummer! I do have MyWi but this looked like a fun experiment. Oh well!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe the ipa you got was not cracked and the DRM security features were not removed.
    Assuming you have a JB iphone with appsync you're trying to sync it to.

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Oh, perhaps I missed something here. I thought that since it was an ipa file I could just add it to my apps library and then sync it. I hadn't even thought about having to "crack" it.

Better I don't do this for fear of bad karma...

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can not just add an ipa and sync. The only way to use an ipa to sync is if you’re jailbroken and stuff I won’t say. Probably best to stop talking about this actually.

10. Dizle macrumors 6502

Thanks got it working by following your instructions! Best .99 cent app ever. Thank God I bout wifi on my Virgin flight on Tuesday and jumped on this quick status.

EDIT: I can get it to work fine but when I want to get back on to my wifi network it will not work until I uncheck the SOCKS proxie box. I've played around with the settings but can't figure out how to make it easier to switch? Also the ad hoc network I've created seems to disappear when I'm not using it...

11. Shorts. thread starter macrumors member

Damn dude prolly the most helpful in depth explanation I could have gotten. Thanks will try later

12. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Never cracked, never will. Hence the reason I stopped there!

13. sneezymarble macrumors 6502

When you get back on your home WiFi, or any regular WiFi for that matter, you need to go back into Network Settings, highlight your Mac's AirPort device on the left of the window, and then where it says 'Location' you need to change that so that it says 'Automatic'. Switching between tethering and using regular WiFi should just be a matter of changing the Location setting between Automatic and the new location you should have set up in Step 5 of my instructions. There really is no need to go into advanced and mess with the TCP/IP or Proxy settings after you follow those instructions once.

14. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I'm glad I picked this up just in time..... if someone could come up with a way to tether this to an iPad, I basically would not need to jailbreak anymore.

15. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

It's exactly the same way as shown above, it should just work, give it a try.

16. mefromfl macrumors newbie

hot iphone 4

Anyone's Iphone 4 gets very hot after long usage?

17. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Not quite.... You can not create a Network on the iPad and even when I create it on my Macbook (which would defeat the purpose anyway) it will not work.

18. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

You should be able to do this. Just connect the Mac, the iPad and the iPhone all to the same subnet after creating the network with the Mac. Of course this is an utter and epic pain. Imagine sitting in a class with your laptop, your iPhone and your iPad all out and running.

19. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

You can put your phone to sleep without loosing connection.

20. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

I bet if they don't use the kill switch, 10.6.5 will break it.

21. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Yes :D

22. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

So we just throw the no cracked apps rules out the window because some of you failed to get this when it was for sale, not free, in the App Store.

23. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

someone should make an a jb app for the ipad that makes this work. I suppose it doesnt matter since the iphone 4 jb will be out soon and we'll have mywi but it would be a cool experiment. this guy should have snuck an ipad app in the store too haha.

24. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Oh really? That's a bit rubbish, didn't realise the feature set was that different between iPhone and iPad. My mistake.

25. anirudh0802 macrumors newbie

download the ipad file?

Does anyone have the ipa file for "Handy Light"? From what I read, it won't sync to ipad, but it will sync to the iphone?