Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akhlesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
I was using ziphone on my new iphone (i think 1.1.4 because i bought it from Apple online store in April 2008. I connected the phone started Ziphone s/w and cliked on "Do it all". It detected phone and started working. I remember seeing messages like entering recover mode. etc. It showed "Z" sign on phone screen, after that it showed Zorro photo. Then after that it hanged for more than 10 minutes with a blank screen and cursor in the top left corner. since the instruction said that if it takes more tha 10 minutes stop the process. So i did that. Now it is giving just white text on black screen which says
AppleS5L8900xUSBWrangler :: do core init hardware config: 0x00000264 0x7a8f60d0 0x082000e8 0x01f08024
AppleS5L8900xUSBWrangler :: do core init waiting for core reset
AppleS5L8900xUSBWrangler :: do core init waiting for AHS idle
AppleS5L8900xUSBWrangler :: do core init core reset complete
AppleS 5L8900XIpod HAL message
IOIpodUSBDevice :: gated message cabel is connected, starting stack
IOIpodUSBDevice ::start Ipod stack can’t start! Need configuration

When I restart Ziphone it keeps waiting with message: Searhing for iphone.

What should I do to recover the phone.

Thanks
Akhlesh

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
NEVER USE ZIPHONE! Its dangerous and if goes wrong can mess up your phone.

I am guessing you either didn't read all the other posts about it or ignored it thinking you would be ok - which is what everyone thinks until they have a problem!

Manually restore it to 1.1.4 then use iLiberty and hope ZiPhone has not messed up your phone seriously.

Plug the phone into your computer with iTunes running and turn the phone off then turn it back on and keep holding the home button till iTunes tells you to restore it. It may take several attempts but eventually you will get it.

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
spinstorm is the residential ziphone hater..LOL

download iLiberty+ and see if it will see the phone, if it will set it to boot the phone in dfu mode. once you are in dfu mode you will see it again in itunes and be able to do a full restore.

When it is fully restored and working, use iLiberty+ do unlock/activate/jailbreak the phone.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
spinstorm is the residential ziphone hater..LOL

download iLiberty+ and see if it will see the phone, if it will set it to boot the phone in dfu mode. once you are in dfu mode you will see it again in itunes and be able to do a full restore.

When it is fully restored and working, use iLiberty+ do unlock/activate/jailbreak the phone.

No, he is only trying to prevent people from using a very dangerous tool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.