Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

denjeff

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2004
a pen :)
Re: Hey!

Originally posted by splashman
Don't you know it's rude to post non-English on an English-speaker's forum?

Well, I'll show you. You're not the only ones who are bi-lingual!

Appy-hay irthday-bay oo-tay ac-may!

Yeah. That'll learn yuh. :)

it is, sorry, but my maternal language expresses much more my real feelings...

i ll never do it again
ik zal het nooit meer doen
je ne le ferai plus jamais
ich soll en nimmer machen
numquam faciam

denjeff

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2004
a pen :)
Re: English

Originally posted by skidoo
Speak English What is that funny langauge you are speaking? I cant translate it to anything in Sherlock.

dutch (in europe it now 1:30 PM)... but a bit dialected :) gelukkige verjaardag should be translatable, i suppose... :)

anyway, this goes about the birthday of the mac, so i suggest we stop speaking about our funny language...

happy b-day little thingie...

TheWereSloth

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2004
circumstantial evidence

Maybe Apple is always this lazy, but it seems odd to me. If you look at all of the desktop and laptop offering in the apple store, NONE of them has any mention of Garageband. The iMac even has the old iLife graphic displayed (with only 4 puzzle pieces).

Is it just me or was iLife '04 supposed to start shipping with all new Macs? Seems to me they just aren't bothering to update the product profiles because a refresh is imminent.

How about refreshing the whole line for the Mac's 20th anniversary (except the Xserve and iPod obviously)? Evidence is purely circumstantial, but I don't think I've seen anything that would show this theory to be impossible either.

R-J

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Yeah, Happy Birthday to Apple :D, may they continue revolutionising the way for computers, if not for us, but so that the Windows PC can start to copy and eventunally just give up! My sister is a little annoyed with me because its her birthday today too and Apple has stolen her thunder :p

R-J

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Yeah, Happy Birthday to Apple :D, may they continue revolutionising the way for computers, if not for us, but so that the Windows PC can start to copy and eventunally just give up! My sister is a little annoyed with me because its her birthday today too and Apple has stolen her thunder :p

homeshire

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
Ohio, looking toward Germany
Re: Re: Hey!

Originally posted by denjeff

i ll never do it again
numquam faciam

now this is my kind of post. however, please edit the (at least) one typo i see. (hint, das deutsche). :D

pkradd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2001
Something big on Jan 26? On a Monday? Apple usually sends out special invites to the press if they have something big and new. This has not happened... yet. Tuesday would seem more like the day for speed bumps or upgrades of existing products. Amazing how Apple's past history plays no role in making up rumors.
:(

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
The way I see it Apple has to atleast post a "Happy 20th anniversary, Macintosh" graphic on their website today - which they havent done yet, but its only 6am pst.

If Apple does this (which they will if there is no product announcement today), that will make a special 20th anniversary announcement on monday too late... So it wouldnt happen.

So I say we will either see something big today (Saturday) or something small (Such as a powermac speed bump) no sooner than tuesday

VIREBEL661

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2003
I wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beloved Mac also! I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a similar celebration 20 years from now! Can't wait to see what the big suprise is...

kansast

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
What a Long Strange Trip It's Been.

what I find interesting... or sad, not sure which... I worked at a small company some 20 years ago. We got one of those first Macintosh computers released. Before that I had an Apple II at home to play with.. I took to that Macintosh like a fish to water. All seemed so natural. Went on to work at a Typography shop where we hooked up a Macintosh SE with PageMaker and Adobe Illustrator to a RIP and was the first in our area to do Desktop Pubilshing. our shop grew to be a full service Print shop with 4-color presses, and we did 4-color scans on our Quadra computers and a Drum Scanner. I did that for 10 years. And for the past 8 years I've been working for an Internet Provider, where I do all my programming on a Macintosh. The Macs have kept me employed for the last 20 years.. WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN :)

kansast

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Hey I got an idea

Bring Back e-World !!!! :)

I was there, got me an official Beta Tester t-shirt :)

Here's to another 20 years.. and then some.

phillymjs

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
CNN Poll

To mark the occasion of the Mac's 20th, CNN is running a poll: Are you a Mac fan or a PC person? (I guess you can't really be a "fan" of the PC, but IMHO "sheep" would have been a better noun :)

Anyway, as of this writing the Mac only has 7%. Guys, you know what to do.

~Philly

brooklyn

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2003
Re: Re: Hey!

Originally posted by denjeff

i ll never do it again
numquam faciam

Translation: I bought a computer that I thought was an Apple. When I got home I realize that the computer had a Banana instead of an Apple as the logo. There is no G5 and when I turn it on I see the words Windows XP and then a Blue screen. Please Help!

contempt

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2003
Brooklyn
Yeah, everybody get on that poll ASAP! It's on the bottom right of the home page. There's only 560+ votes so we can do it. That could be our bday present to Apple. Letting them have more than 5% marketshare in a poll!

phillymjs

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Apple dropping the ball?

I thought if nothing else they'd have a nice graphic (maybe the original Mac sporting a party hat or something), on Apple.com to mark the day.

Nope. Still flogging iPod Minis and iLife on the front page.

~Philly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.