Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidCar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
When my Apple Watch first came on this morning it had a banner/indicator saying "Time Travel -0.06" or something like that, but its gone now.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
With April fools, it always seems as though Apple is the kid who doesn't really want to join in, whereas Google is the kid who takes it too far.

Reactions: S G

rich1383

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
Boston area

April 1 is here again, and as with every April Fools' Day that comes around, readers should be on the alert for hoaxes and claims at both news and rumor sites.

As tradition would have it, plenty of today's pranks involve Apple and tech. Here are a few of the more intriguing ones that are making the rounds so far today. Bear in mind that some of the hoaxes may be NSFW, so after-office viewing or headphone donning may be the safest option.

SpatiaFlight

Moshi launches SpatiaFlight, the next generation of AirPlay.

T-Mobile #BingeOnUp Service

T-Mobile are offering Binge On Up!, a truly mobile binge-watching experience free to all their customers.

Google Cardboard Plastic

Google announces Cardboard Plastic, for the ultimate immersive "AR" experience.

Other Pranks and Hoaxes

Autonomous RV - World's first self-driving trailer van
Virgin America - Introducing the airline's dubious new logo
Product Hunt - Product Hunt acquires Yahoo in all-stock deal

This post will be updated throughout April Fools' Day with the latest pranks and hoaxes.

Article Link: Happy April Fools' Day 2016: SpatiaFlight AirPlay, Google Cardboard Plastic and More
[doublepost=1459518291][/doublepost]Automatic introduces it's new, retro "Manual" product today: http://blog.automatic.com/shifting-to-manual/

xplora

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
With April fools, it always seems as though Apple is the kid who doesn't really want to join in, whereas Google is the kid who takes it too far.
That might be because Apple as a company has its birthday on April the 1st, so usually they are too busy celebrating their own birthday. That said, I'm pretty sure Apple has at least once participate in an April Fools prank.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
hehe... Next gen *air*play.... and he follows the guy round..... Classic...

It's better than a phone :)

Last ad was good, although i hoped it would have been glass and bullet proof.

And now a word from Google "The whole internet will go down at 12 am tonight"

Too bad April Fools is only just *one day* too. I could get used to this..

That Autonomous trailer van may not sound so silly... the way we are heading.

Last edited:

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
April Fool's Day is hilarious when you take someone you actually KNOW and drive them to weep tears of horror and insanity, and then say "got you!" after a few days.

Not when it's a public stunt.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
Am I the only one who would actually buy the Mark Zuckerberg collection from H&M?

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
As old as (some people are claiming) April Fools Day jokes are here, nothing is older than people like you who just can't help themselves in creating some sort of negative spin on Apple vs. Samsung models for no good reason. This thread is about April Fools jokes, not about how everything Apple makes is perfect in comparison to some random Samsung product.

Blame the other guy. I was just replying to him. ;)

iPhoneSE

Suspended
Apr 1, 2016
Google desperately need to get a life, get off their rainbow coloured bicycles, get inside, sit down and knuckle down to some SERIOUS engineering work. Why are these dozy chumps paid so much to create ridiculous, meaningless CRAP like this? Google, you're a joke, the contempt for which I cannot sufficiently convey. Go and fix your LagShip OS, scrap all your juvenile, "Beta" experiments AND MAKE SOMETHING MEANINGFUL. Wow.
[doublepost=1459644075][/doublepost]
Samsung's is here:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxy-ltd/

Can't help feeling there's a dig at the iPhone SE in this: The name is Ltd (for Limited Edition) and at the end when they reveal it's an April Fool's they say "We wouldn't re-release an old phone"...

Why is it that any Android-related company or entity sees the nonsensical, mythical "freedom" of Android as a passport to act like completely juvenile tools? It's like playtime in the sandpit - can you imagine Apple doing this? No, they're far too shrewd and pragmatic.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Google desperately need to get a life, get off their rainbow coloured bicycles, get inside, sit down and knuckle down to some SERIOUS engineering work. Why are these dozy chumps paid so much to create ridiculous, meaningless CRAP like this? Google, you're a joke, the contempt for which I cannot sufficiently convey. Go and fix your LagShip OS, scrap all your juvenile, "Beta" experiments AND MAKE SOMETHING MEANINGFUL. Wow.
[doublepost=1459644075][/doublepost]

Why is it that any Android-related company or entity sees the nonsensical, mythical "freedom" of Android as a passport to act like completely juvenile tools? It's like playtime in the sandpit - can you imagine Apple doing this? No, they're far too shrewd and pragmatic.

Apple doesn't do it because the people on Apple forums do it for them.

jackth29

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
T-Mobile takes the win for me
[doublepost=1459646476][/doublepost]Also, big thumbs up to MacRumors for compiling all of these links!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.