Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Happy April Fools' Day 2019: T-Mobile's Phone BoothE, Hyper's Ultimate Ultimate Hub, LEGO's Find My Brick App, and More

BGPL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2016
California
Apple should've waited a few days and ended airpower gracefully by calling it a giant, clever, april fools joke.

Also, Microsoft is the wet blanket of the tech industry, sheesh.

Comment

BaccaBossMC

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2016
NC, USA
Another April Fool's: iFunny is changing it's name to whatever the top comment on the announcement post is. As of writing, the winning entry is "iN****".

Comment

redheeler

macrumors 604
Oct 17, 2014
HyperDrive Ultimate Ultimate Hub

Hyper has revealed a new USB-C hub for users frustrated with the lack of port diversity on modern Apple notebooks, which goes above and beyond any USB hub ever built and includes 40 total ports. This hub features 9 USB-A ports, 9 USB-C ports, 2 microSD ports, 2 SD ports, one audio jack, one HDMI port, and one Ethernet port.

That's not all, because the HyperDrive Ultimate Ultimate Hub also features a 3.5" floppy disk drive, a built-in airline-safe battery, a 2-in-1 speaker and space heater, one VGA port, and much more. Hyper says that the hub is regularly offered at a price of $9,999.99, but for a limited time it's on sale for $99.99.
Eh, no FireWire, no ADB and no SCSI = no deal.

Last edited:
Comment

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
That Nanoleaf window thing is actually kinda cool, and I’d seriously consider one.

My kitchen annoyingly doesn’t have any windows; and this would be the next best thing.

Comment

mpuk

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2015
The Divided United Kingdom
Apple should've waited a few days and ended airpower gracefully by calling it a giant, clever, april fools joke.

Also, Microsoft is the wet blanket of the tech industry, sheesh.

It never used to be that way at Microsoft when Balmer was there. You could have just wheeled him on stage and looked forward to a howling head-slapper, wet blankets included or not :p

Reactions: yaxomoxay
Comment

bluespark

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I hate this stuff. April Fool's Day used to be fun before corporate marketers took it over and turned it into a day of insufferable nonsense. These companies also tend to forget that their little joke pieces stick around online after today is over, meaning that the possibility of genuine confusion is very real. Also, the jokes often are insider-ish and cringeworthy.

I'm on a couple of product manufacturer lists that actually thought it was a good idea to e-mail me their joke products this morning. If you are a manufacturer and doing that, please know that I will unsubscribe from your lists and you will lose that future marketing opportunity.

Bravo to Microsoft for bucking this trend, and I hope all other companies soon follow suit. April Fool's Day jumped the shark long ago.

Comment

yaxomoxay

macrumors demi-god
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
It never used to be that way at Microsoft when Balmer was there. You could have just wheeled him on stage and looked forward to a howling head-slapper, wet blankets included or not :p

Developers! Developers! Developers!

Comment

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Microsoft is right.

I know but the tech-oriented April Fool's Day jokes are fun to read about, aren't they? Cringeworthy or not.

My own favorites though run more to those offered up by US Fish and Wildlife Service, and they are "pranks" actually offered up any old day of the year. Like this Eastern Screech Owl showing us what camouflage is really all about:

screech owl prankster claims it's a tree.jpg

Reactions: jhfenton
Comment

yaxomoxay

macrumors demi-god
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I know but the tech-oriented April Fool's Day jokes are fun to read about, aren't they? Cringeworthy or not.

My own favorites though run more to those offered up by US Fish and Wildlife Service, and they are "pranks" actually offered up any old day of the year. Like this Eastern Screech Owl showing us what camouflage is really all about:

What a fantastic picture. I love owls.

Comment

B4U

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Did hyper even checked the picture before writing the article?
I see 2 PS/2 instead of 1.
In addition, the count on the SD slot is also wrong.

Comment

AngerDanger

macrumors 601
Dec 9, 2008
Meanwhile, Apple will be releasing an ultra-thin titanium credit card that is also guaranteed to be the sharpest knife in your kitchen! (I find its best when jokes contain a hint of truth.)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.