Happy I bought the current Macbook :)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by *Sandy*, Aug 20, 2008.

1. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

I am happy i bought the current macbook, it will be here tomorrow, after all is done, if I like the new one, I will sell this one to someone who really needs it for 500.00.. I still hope the macbook will be all we hope for but look what happened to the iMac.... G4 was beautiful then the G5's well enough said .

2. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Yes I went ahead and bought the newest Macbook as well. It's a screamer with 4gb ram in it. If the rumors are true about a new metal Macbook then I will be less inclined to upgrade. The plastic case is one reason why I decided to bite now. I have no problems with mine and the wireless N works great. I agree the imac went "south" with the advent of a glossy screen. Glossy screens are much less expensive to produce (which is why most computers have gone to them now - remember the good old days of computing when a matte screen was all you could get?). I have an iMac 2.16 which is the last generation with the matte screen. Just love it.

3. ShaneR macrumors member

Just purchased my black macbook over the past weekend. Couldn't be more happier with my decision...250GB and 4GB ram is all I will EVER need.

4. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Congrats Guys, I just see how the macbook Air went and it a beautiful piece, but the black keys make it hard for me to type, Plus after owning a MBP getting Wi Fi was bad.....final cost will be 699.00 so I am very happy...and might even keep the ipod touch for wifi on trips ;)

Mine will be delivered tomorrow, staying home all day.

5. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

That's not completely true...in 10 years ultra extreme HD (UEHD for short) movies with a resolution of 5760x3240 will take up 250GB each. You will need a 500TB HDD then;) Not to mention... by then all laptops will come standard with 32GB of ram.:D

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

you're price is only $700 is you sell the iPod (which you will realistically only make $250 with)... quit making it sound better than it is... you know very well that after taxes and everything you'll end up spending $834

7. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

already have a buyer for the iPod for 299.00 and the still comes out to 699.00 oh and tax exempt....NH address..reshipped to Fl have a summer home there :)

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

well in a previous post you said the price was $1384 ... but, w.e.

9. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm wanting to buy a powerbook but the ones I'm after are still going for $700.... Maybe I should just buy a macbook instead :D but I like PPC :(

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

11. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

The MB is a killer machine. And its durable as they come.

New MB expected in Sept may have nice spec's, but I'll wait for the second revision.

12. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Congrats!

I love my BlackBook. My husband kind of needs a new laptop and I'm torn between another MB or the Air. Hard to beat the value of the MB. Then there's that "new model year" thing. Always like to wait for the new line to be out awhile; scared to buy the first ones. Looking forward to seeing what September brings.

13. zango macrumors member

i just got a blackbook as well, but i have to replace it. as soon as i opened it, dead pixel :( apple is going to replace it, just trying to find the best way to do it, i need it, like NOW lol, university starts next week.

other than that, it seems like an amazing machine

14. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

I had the Air, not great always the fans run at 6200, was a bit of a big problem went PC for a while and now happy again :)

15. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I actually bought the Air first had it for 2 days and exchanged it for the MB. It just seemed slow to me... Slow to move while surfing the net and loading pages, slow opening attachments, slow between apps. My MB is a rocket! Interesting that you made the same choice.

16. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes had the MPB but it was not for me hated the latch and keyboard,,,,so went again with what makes me happy.

17. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

My black Macbook just arrived this morning. :D

It's just a matter of time for me to get used to the Mac now, because I've always been a PC user. It's so different.

18. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine was suppose to be here tomorrow, but changed to friday,but also get the netflix box also on Friday :)

19. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

20. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

And notebooks will be as thin as MacBook Air and desktops will be size of EEE boxes…

21. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Glad you bought the current macbooks, I have as well just last week and it is a wonderful notebook, add 4gb of ram this lil thing will scream!

22. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

I remember when my dad bought his first computer. He told me that the 1GB hard drive was so big, there was no way it could ever be filled up. :D

Congrats on your computer though! It definitely should last for quite a while! :)

23. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Heaven is different :)

Why PPC? It's not a good value these days. The only PPC Mac that I'd say it's worth it is the 12" Powerbook G4 for the form factor.

24. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Congrats!

Love hearing about all your purchases... As a MacJunkie it helps take the edge off. Oh and as far as learning the new OS, it won't take long because all your time will be spent learning... not fixing, rebooting, restarting, defragging, etc. Have fun.

25. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

^ Been a switched since May 08. Pretty familiar with it. However, sometimes I get confuse that I can't close a window with Alt + F4 haha ... :S