Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Same here... not getting haptic feedback on roughly half or even more notifications... Email, twitter, sports & weather apps...

How the hell does this make it to final release?

Edit: thanks to the tip above, I was able to enable it for the mail app.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmiles81

rsneekes

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Now if i can only find a solution to why emails are not remaining in the notifications screen on the watch when no action has been taken on them....
That was not working me too initially, but after fiddling with the alerts in (iPhone -> Settings -> Notifications -> Mail -> Favourite Mailboxes -> Alerts) it starting working again. I think "Notification centre" did the trick, but all options were switched off initially (I now have Notification Centre and Banners switched on).

jd_tx

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
TX
That was not working me too initially, but after fiddling with the alerts in (iPhone -> Settings -> Notifications -> Mail -> Favourite Mailboxes -> Alerts) it starting working again. I think "Notification centre" did the trick, but all options were switched off initially (I now have Notification Centre and Banners switched on).
I was having issues with the emails not remaining in the notifications screen as well. I just applied the above, and they seem to be showing up now. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: rsneekes

tmiles81

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
This also appears to have helped with mine. Thanks!

Reactions: rsneekes

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
This is NOT a hardware issue. I was having issue with wireless charging after updating to iOS 12 that I thought was software related also and wiping the phone and setting up as new fixed both of my issues. The sound/vibration settings was set to the same way after setting up as new and I get haptics in the watch now.

Definitely software issue.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Sorry, definitely not hardware. Your replacement will do exactly the same thing.

Based on? I see you posted above the new mail tricked solved your issue
It doesn’t to mine.
Even force touching the screen didn’t trigger haptic feedback for me.
[doublepost=1537751714][/doublepost]
This is NOT a hardware issue. I was having issue with wireless charging after updating to iOS 12 that I thought was software related also and wiping the phone and setting up as new fixed both of my issues. The sound/vibration settings was set to the same way after setting up as new and I get haptics in the watch now.

Definitely software issue.
Did you get haptics when you force touch? The genius went to settings and even tried to choose ‘prominent haptics’. Nothing we did could trigger haptic to even trigger.
[doublepost=1537751769][/doublepost]
Hardware issue with multiple different Apple watches all just upgraded to OS5?
Is yours doing this?
I couldn’t get haptic to trigger in any event. Nothing in Siri, nothing in forcetouching, nothing even in settings in the prominent haptics section. Even when setting up as new.

alee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
New York, NY
Based on? I see you posted above the new mail tricked solved your issue
It doesn’t to mine.
Even force touching the screen didn’t trigger haptic feedback for me.
Highly unlikely hardware is to blame if it was working prior to the update, and then it stopped working after the update. Maybe your entire watch got corrupted... seems very unlikely though. Here's to hoping a replacement gets you a fix.

Reactions: teknikal90

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Highly unlikely hardware is to blame if it was working prior to the update, and then it stopped working after the update. Maybe your entire watch got corrupted... seems very unlikely though. Here's to hoping a replacement gets you a fix.
I just don’t know what else to do. I reset to factory settings 3 times. Twice “as new”... genius tried troubleshooting and did diagnostics as well. If it’s a serious bug then it should’ve been more widespread.

Falcon703549

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
I have had this issue, I was using the Infograph watch face, I changed it to another, tested with mail and it works again.

Went back to Infograph and its working.

Can you guys test please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.