Hard drive bay screws

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sim667, Jan 24, 2011.

1. sim667 macrumors 65816

Does anyone know where i can get replacements from? I seem to have chewed a couple up with my screwdriver...

In england preferably :)

2. xyzzy-xyzzy macrumors member

3. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

wow... $32 for 5 screws?!?!? ... talking about getting screwed :D

To the OP - any standard HD mounting screw will do. The screws on the MP come with an isolation rubber pad. Here are some that should fit and do the job.... and at a fair price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lian-Li-Vibration-Mounting-Screw/dp/B003MAAYLU

They are not as "fancy" as the original ones - I guess that's why its so easy to chew them up just by using a slightly larger screwdriver... but once you put the HD in the MP, you wont notice them.

There are silver colored screws available too. You should be able to get them there in most computer component stores, or google something like this, (HDD mounting screws anti vibration).

cheers!

4. sim667 thread starter macrumors 65816

Amazing thanks!

Definately wouldn't have paid $32 for 5 screws........ I'd rather have superglued them into place :rolleyes:

5. xyzzy-xyzzy macrumors member

Hey I didn't look at the price. I only referenced that page in case the original poster wanted exact replacements, and if they were on that page, he would then have the apple part number.

As for "disk mounting screws", yes, any 6-32 x approx. 5/32" (4mm) will do. Go to the nearest hardware store and pick 'em up for a few pennies.