Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziomangrovia

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
I’m going to replace both speakers, ssd and battery into my MacBook.

I’d like to know if I have to buy some parts needed to reassembly laptop, e.g. gasket, glue, adhesive.

Who a similar experience had ? Can you suggest what necessary to buy please?

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm curious as to the reason that these replacements are necessary.

For speakers, I would buy used.

For battery, you will have to have Apple or an authorized Apple service depot replace the battery if you want an OEM battery.

For the SSD, you could use an adapter and NVMe drive if your MacBook is running a High Sierra or newer bootrom.

ziomangrovia

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
Ok, I answer you.
For battery, look at cycle count and condition field.
Maximum cycles are 1000 cycles.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 18.49.53.png

I'd like to buy all components into ReplaceBase.com or iFixit

The right speaker crackles and if I move balance to only left speaker, It works fine so I Thought to replace both ones because iFixit guides says:
The left and right speakers are paired together in the MacBook Pro with Retina display
Therefore, they should be replaced as a pair

For SSD, I'm going to upgrade my original ssd 512 GB to 1 TB. My OS is last Catalina

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
ziomangrovia, good for you!
ifixit rules! ( as mentioned)
the battery might be tricky with taking everything apart, not like the older models were the task was too easy!
but my late 2010 MacBook air sez i need to service my battery is fine for the age.
my speaker connection broke of on the logic board so i just have right or left like that matters, your MacBook has a better design, i hope!
have fun and again good for you!

ziomangrovia

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
I decided to left original ssd, too operations! I'l try to replace only battery and speakers.
But OEM Buttery is not be found? I would not like to have issues with compatible part.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I decided to left original ssd, too operations! I'l try to replace only battery and speakers.
But OEM Buttery is not be found? I would not like to have issues with compatible part.
The only place I know to get a real OEM battery is from an Apple store or authorized Apple repair depot. I'm in Canada and these two places will not sell the battery without installing it for the customer.

You can buy third-party batteries which may or may not be very good.

I used a third-party battery from Amazon for my mid-2014 13" because I did not want to spend $300 Canadian to have Apple replace the battery in such an old laptop.

ziomangrovia

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2015
I used a third-party battery from Amazon for my mid-2014 13" because I did not want to spend $300 Canadian to have Apple replace the battery in such an old laptop.

What experience did you get with third-party battery?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.