Harddrive eaisly removable from new MBP as MB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bball3212, Aug 10, 2009.

1. bball3212 macrumors newbie

I am thinking of getting a 13'' macbook pro and I was wondering if the harddrive is as eaisly replacable as the regular white macbook. I have seen a video on youtube for the macbook but not the pro.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

As easy as using a Phillips and Torx driver. The installation of the hardware of course.

3. celticpride678

I think it is even easier. Just remove the battery cover and the hard drive is there with a few screws to unscrew and then replace. Easy.

4. bball3212 thread starter macrumors newbie

And does it void the warranty?

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Apple clearly states how to install a new hard drive in their own manuals for the MacBook Pro. :rolleyes:

6. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

No, it will not void your warranty. In fact in the apple handbook that comes with the new MBP it shows you how to change the hard drive. I have a June 09 13" MBP and changing the HD was very easy.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

It's ALMOST as easy, since you have to remove a few screws and detach the entire bottom case instead of just popping off the battery door on the macbook.

8. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

No, it is not easy. But if you keep yourself calm and have steady hands, then it is not difficult either. Just know what kind of force will destroy cables and other parts and try to avoid using such force :)

9. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If you break your MacBook while replacing the hard drive, that will void the warranty. But if you put in the hard drive correctly, which is not very difficult, then the warranty is Ok.

Make sure you have the right screw driver and don't use force undoing the screws. There may be screws of different sizes, so keep track of where the screws come from and put each one back where you got it from. Apart from that, it is easy unless you are a bit clumsy.

10. ramases macrumors member

11. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1