Hardware League - MacRumors 2015 NFL Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mscriv, Aug 18, 2015.

1. mscriv, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015

mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

The 2015 NFL football season is upon us, which means it's time again for MR Fantasy Football. I have reactivated the three leagues from last year on ESPN so some of you may have already gotten an email. I need to hear from everyone who wants to play again this year. Some of you have already posted your intentions to play, but anyone who hasn't needs to let me know they want to be involved again this year. If we have anyone drop out of the league then we will look at new players joining.

This thread will be for the Hardware League and includes the following team owners:

Macrumors Hardware League:

PowerPC Division
    @HarryPot - already posted ready for 2015
    mscriv - in for 2015
    @Peace - already posted ready for 2015
    @simon48 - already posted ready for 2015

Intel Division
    @Dandaman - already posted ready for 2015
    @Dontazemebro - in for 2015
    @rockyroad55 - already posted ready for 2015
    @creator2456 - in for 2015

The draft will be Saturday September 5th at 10:30 AM US Central time.

Please ensure that you can access your team at the league ESPN site. If you have any questions or problems let me know. Don't wait until the last minute to check your team and mess up the draft for everyone else. Make sure everything is working as it's supposed to and let me know if something is wrong.

2. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

Anything before Sept. 5 wold be ideal for me, for the draft.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I Appreciate you doing this again this year man. I do have a question.

Some teams only have 5 away games while others have 7. How do you do the scheduling ?

Any day for draft is fine with me.

4. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

I don't even look at the schedule until the teams are all locked in and the draft is completed. I then use a scheduling tool that helps set up the games based on how many teams and how many divisions are in the league. I don't really pay attention to home and away games because in my leagues there is no advantage given for being the home team. I know some leagues give an advantage to the "home team" in various ways like bonus points or maybe tiebreaker, but I think that's kind of silly. Since there is no advantage or disadvantage to being the home or away team I don't go in and manually make sure each person has an equal number of home and away games because that would take a lot of time for something that doesn't count for anything in our league. I hope that answers your question, let me know if you have any others.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Yup that answered the question. Thanks.

When are we gonna do the draft ?.

6. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

7. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Hey everyone, sadly one of our veterans (jrswizzle) is not going to be able to play with us again this year. That means I've got an OPEN SPOT for the league. So, if any of you fellow MR members would like to play with us then please let me know. We take folks on a first come first serve basis and are looking for people who will be active players.

8. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I'm in! Lots of off field distractions this summer, but I'm ready.

9. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Okay folks, we can't draft until we get a full league and we've got one or two vacant spots. So, we need an interested and committed MR member to join up with us.

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

What's the worst case scenario if we don't find a member? Can a someone play in two leagues?

11. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

As a last resort that's an option. I just need one other person to play and we can adjust the leagues. We might have to settle for one league of 10 and two leagues of 8.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

We had a wait list person in the other league, could you take him here?

13. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

He's already been added as a player. We still need one more player to have two leagues of 10 and one league of 8 or three more players to have all leagues full. I'm reaching out to some former players from past years.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

15. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Hey @maflynn, glad you're back. I need you to play in the Mac OS league which will close that one out with 10 teams. The link for that thread is as follows:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...acrumors-nfl-fantasy-football-league.1908577/

Okay folks, it looks like this league is going to have to run with just 8 teams as we are two short of our ten team goal. If two players out there want to jump in we can add them, but for now, let's start looking at possible draft dates.

16. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

@The Californian. I haven't heard anything back from you regarding playing this year so at this point I don't have you down and we are moving forward with 8 teams unless two other players come along rather quickly. If you do want to play with us then I need to hear from you ASAP.

17. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

18. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

We have 8 teams right now. We are hoping for 10 so I will count you as number 9, but in order for you to make the final roster we need to get that 10th person to keep it balanced. Welcome to the league, invite a fellow MR friend and we'll wrap this thing up. :)

One spot remaining, who else wants to play?

19. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

Hopefully someone else joins!

@mscriv, is it possible to change the title of the thread to include (ONE SPOT OPEN)? Maybe that could help in finding the extra player.:)

20. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it's possible with the new forum software. I tried editing, but that only gives you access to the content of the OP, not the title.

21. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I've edited titles before. You have to edit the post then there should be another smaller edit button for the title. In the mobile version there is a small settings icon that allows you to edit the title.

22. sukidabe macrumors newbie

Don't click the edit button. Scroll up to the op, on the right there should be a small gear icon. Click on that, and it should bring up the thread tools window, with an option to change the title.

23. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Thanks for the help. I was able to change it. I hadn't noticed the small gear icon until you pointed it out. I was still trying to edit it the old way.

24. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv