has antennagate been fixed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cloakedpegasus, Feb 17, 2011.

1. cloakedpegasus macrumors member

I'm wondering if the antenna gate problem has been fixed on recent production iphones or refurbished iphones. Does anyone know?

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Has not been fixed. I only have problems when I'm down to 1 bar and gripping the phone. Only rarely has it happened that I dropped a call.

3. ace198 macrumors regular

Nope. The Verizon iPhone has it. I bought a bumper to fix the problem.

4. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

6. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

For you, maybe, but it's clearly an issue.

7. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

8. Aduntu macrumors 6502a

Aduntu

I'm not being biased in any way, I just simply cannot duplicate the antenna issues. I've been trying for the last week since I got the phone and I just haven't seen it. If I'm of the minority, I'm not complaining.

9. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

10. Russiaone macrumors 6502

11. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

If there is a problem, I haven't noticed it on my Verizon phone. I've had it 11 days and have had no problems. Maybe it's an area thing.

12. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

It's not a issue and wonder why some think that it is? I use my iPhone with no bumper or case.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

From everything I've read, it hasn't been fixed, but it's not a real problem unless you are in an area that already has poor reception. Otherwise it won't drop the signal enough to drop a call.

14. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Does the sticky tape solution work? i.e. a little bit of tape covering the join to prevent shorting?

15. BriChi macrumors 6502

I just ordered a transparent "wrap" so it avoids it, Mine does have the issue though

16. Mjmar, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011

Mjmar macrumors 65816

No. I tried it on my AT&T iPhone in the summer, and the bars still drop. With a case the bars drop, but at a slightly slower rate. I honestly dont think that the problem is bridging the 2 antennas, i think the phone just has a really touchy attenuation weak spot.

17. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Yes. It all depends on signal strength. When I have 5 bars I can never get the signal to go down by even 1 bar. However, when I have 2-3 bars I can always get the signal down to 1 bar by covering the weak spot.

18. JRoDDz, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011

JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

No it's not fixed, they are still selling crappy antennagate phones.

Um, my eye hurts whenever I stab it with my fork. What do you suggest I do?

19. aneftp macrumors 601

Antennagate is really a non issue.

The real issue Apple needs to fix is the sensor issue. That's the real culprit of a lot of dropped calls/auto redialing etc.

The sensor issue has only been minimally adjusted via software with 4.1 and 4.2.1 but remains the real issue why people drop phone calls when not holding the phone correctly.

20. pratt733 macrumors newbie

Not to hijack the thread, but this is antenna-related. Has anyone noticed GPS problems with all GPS apps? Specifically, holding a signal.

21. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The vast majority of people have not had this "problem," it's just been overblown in media and forum reports.

22. BriChi macrumors 6502

I hate when people say this, maybe for YOU it's a non issue but for many others it is

23. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

I never had any antenna problems with my iPhone 4, so I don't really understand what the scandal has been about. Those who do have that problem should have their phones replaced.

24. BriChi macrumors 6502

replacing the phones does not fix this, i went into the verizon store on Tuesday with mine to show the rep, He said the 10th was a great day of sales and the 11th was a day filled with complaints. He said a lot of people were calling or stopping in asking why the bars are so low when holding the phone. On their kiosk we walked over, 3 iphones full bars and the rep and i were able to get them to drop to one and go off 3G to the little "o" signal so even he said that replacing the iphone will still have the same problem. Even the rep I spoke to on the phone said they were pretty upset because they were told by apple that this would not be an issue yet they are also getting a lot of calls on it, Friggin' Apple!!!

So again, if this is not an issue, how come any rep I talk to at verizon knows about it and said the only answer is to get a bumper, NEVER had to put a bumper on ANY other phone I have ever owned

I have chosen to keep the iphone and case it being that it would be dumb to leave the phone naked anyway, one drop and this thing is ****ed

unfortunately i still need to swap the phone out today because I have a buzzing noise in the earpiece whenever I am on a call,

25. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

I don't know, that gate looks kinda iffy.

Attached Files: