Has anybody here ever met Steve Jobs?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Jan 11, 2011.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

2. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No- and I don't think I would want to TBH. He sounds like a real jerk. I just like his computers. ;)

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nope, but given the chance between Bill and Steve, I would pick Gates.

5. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

I've heard stories.

There was one where he was in a busy elevator at the Apple headquarters and some employees didn't realize he was there so they were cracking jokes so he fired them on the spot.

Maybe we should change this thread to - have you ever met Steve Jobs, or heard interesting stories about him?

6. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

I agree. He looks really pompous. Especially how he always tries to be cool with his turtle neck and jeans.

Whoah, that's a bit harsh. He should get off of his high-horse. Also, this is stupid, who wouldn't recognise Jobs??
    Gates seems like such a nice man, and Steve a massive tycoon. Maybe because Gates donates a lot to charity.. And wears more nerdy clothes :p

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

lol ... sometimes he works the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store ... but no I have not met him ... and he looks silly with his turtle neck under that blue Tshirt. :cool:

8. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

That's just a story I heard - it's not confirmed. :)

9. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

which is just absurd....his outfit is so cheesy looking LoL.

10. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I was walking behind a guy one night in Palo Alto on University Ave who looks exactly like Steve Jobs. I was a bit far behind so I can't confirm, plus he's wearing a flannel shirt.

That's my "close encounter of the Steve kind". ;)

11. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Never met Steve, but I do have to agree with what has been written here. Nearly all news about him is negative except for his saving Apple and his products. Anything to do with his personal life or attitude seems to have a negative light to it. Parking in a handicap spot, not having a license plate on his car, demolishing a historic landmark house (not that I care), stories of firing like mentioned before, his stern relations with companies regarding conforming to apples protocols or wishes, etc.

But thats probably why he is so successful.

As said before, between Steve and Bill, I would probably want to meet Steve. I did run into Mr. Gates one time at the University of Washington Medical Center. Seemed like a normal guy, so much I was wondering if it was even him.

12. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Tool tool tool tool tool!
    No style either. The anti of fashionable. The worst of worst bosses. The biggest prick in the bush. And the reason Apple's stock is going to fall soon.

13. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Thanks for the laugh, lmao