Has anyone bought a MacBook Pro and regretted it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by airplaneman, Jul 26, 2009.

1. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Well, I see all of these threads like "Has someone bought a matte screen and regretted it?" and "Has anyone installed the WD Scorpio Blue 500 GB HDD and regretted it?". Well, here's the "Has anyone bought a MacBook Pro and regretted it?" thread. If you do regret buying one, why? If you don't, why? I certainly don't regret buying mine. It's by far the fastest computer I've ever owned; that on top of Mac OSX and the awesome design and top-notch screen is superb. Beware, I'm comparing this to my last computer, a 1.86 GHz AMD Sempron HP Pavilion cumpooper that was slow as a snail. Well, I've done enough writing. Please post your opinions below!:)

2. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

Hahahah. You came to the right place to hear regrets. Look around and that's most of what you'll see here.

I certainly regretted buying a MacBook Pro when I was having SO many problems with them two years ago, but the allure of the machine kept drawing me back in. The one I have now is perfect and I have no regrets about it.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I bought a MacBook Pro in late 2006 and after going through 3 replacements and getting a MacBook Air, I regret the MacBook Pro now. I really think that a Mac Pro would be a much better fit for me now, but at the time the MacBook Pro was the best computer for me.

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

I don't regret buying mine, I absolutely love it.

but at the same time, I salivate when I see the MBP 17"s

however, portability is important so I think I made the right choice ultimately.

5. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I'm regretting dropping 3k and dealing with this stupid HD beep/click.

:p

6. t3heford macrumors member

Not regret...but I'm pissed knowing that I'm not happy with the best on the market.

7. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

I regret buying the 2nd uMBP 15" ...

I knew the new ones were coming out, but I was leaving the United States in a week, so I had to pull the trigger.

I wanted the new(er) 13" MBP w/ the better screen and battery. :/

8. iJiten macrumors member

I sort of regret buying a one because I could have sufficed with a Macbook. What I regret the most is not waiting for the new unibody Macbook Pros and for the new nVidia chips.

9. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Not for a second. Best laptop purchases of my life.

10. entity macrumors regular

11. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Not at all. Great machine (I have the 13,3"). It replaced a PowerBook 12" which, despite defects, was a great machine.

12. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

So you feel the need to create yet another arbitrary thread. Your on a mac forum, what do you expect... a lot of no's?

13. joehahn macrumors regular

i kinda regret not getting a refurb one. the 7 hour battery is nice...but id rather have the GPU and expresscard

14. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I regreted, and still do, regret mine. I've found that Apple's support sucks, and the thing is just way too big. I was spoiled; I came from using a Windows machine that had ports, to a "pro" machine that hardly had any ports. It's larger, heavier, and no more stable. I got some cool OS X programs, but gave up customization in the process.

15. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I waited approximately six months before buying my computer. Part of it was to save money, but the other part was to be absolutely sure of the configuration and choice.
    Because of this, I don't regret buying my computer. It works well. More importantly, I'm happy with it.
    Granted, if it had been plagued with issues initially, I'd be less happy due to the repeated return process. However, once I had a problem free computer, then I'd be happy.

16. vm7118 macrumors regular

i like the hardware, but the price premium and lack of extensibility in os x had led me to understand that i should have stuck with windows.

that, and my roommate bought a gateway with similar specs (in some cases, better) for literally 1/7th of the price of my MBP, within a month of me getting mine. and i found him the deal.

17. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    I bought one and didn´t regret it (17" MBPU).
    But then I got more satisfied after a month
    and then I got even more satisfied after two months
    After three months it was all bliss
    Now, I can honestly say this is the best computer I´ve ever layd my hands on

18. ndstrenge macrumors regular

No, I don't regret my late '08, first gen umbp.
    I got my first laptop in '94 and renewed every 2-3 years. This is my first mac and it is by far the nicest laptop I've ever owned.

19. DdMac679 macrumors member

DdMac679

NO! :p

I tried purchasing a MBP 2 years ago but after 3 days of the fans sounding like jet engines just to surf the web I ended up taking the computer back and built a PC instead. What I regret was building that PC, being a noob to how Macs worked and waiting till now to finally making the switch to Mac and the MBP and I have been loving it ever since. :D

20. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Not at all.

Even though I could have gotten a better PC for less, OS X is worth all the difference.

21. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

15" early 2008 2.4GHz matte Macbook Pro. I love it. The MBP has given me exactly 0 issue since I got it, and to this day still runs like it did the first day I got it. I look at the new uMBP's and think they look nice, but my matte display and reliability of my MBP keep me from upgrading to a unibody.

22. airplaneman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, we're here to ask questions and hear opinions, right? There's a strong one right ^^.:)

23. airplaneman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ha, same here. But then again, I'm glad I got this one (the one in my sig). It's by far the best computer I've ever owned.:)

24. firewerk macrumors newbie

I have a late 2007 MBP and aside from the envy I have over the 7 hour battery this thing runs like it was new. Not bad for a two year old computer. I have a desktop but I always find myself favoring the laptop...

25. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I had a Macbook Air Rev B which I loved but my needs outgrew it much faster than I expected so I sold it on Ebay right before the 2009 WWDC. My timing was perfect, I bought the new 13" MBP 2.53/SSD. No Regrets! Does everything I need, has all the ports I want, I love the 7 hour battery (which is longer than 7 hours) and the screen is incredibly beautiful. Couldn't be happier, unless the SSD was larger. :)