Has anyone else had there order status changed from 'In Progress'?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pompey2000, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Pompey2000 macrumors member

I ordered mine this morning from o2 but haven't received any E-mail..

Has anyone elses order status changed under 'track your order' ?

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

3. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

same as you

no emails and still says 'in progress'

i ordered as a new customer as the upgrade wasn't working

ordered the 16GB before 9am and have a ref number ON-000....

4. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Don't post a link to your order status. At best it is a dead link, at worst someone can find info about you that you don't want 'out there'

The status will remain as 'in progress' until they dispatch it - this Thursday a the earliest.

5. Pompey2000 thread starter macrumors member

Same, i was on the phone to o2 and they said my order has been taken and I should receive it on the 11th..

6. MacMalv macrumors regular

how can i check my order status?? if i follow the link in my email it ask for a user name and password but i don't know what they are? will they just be my name and the password i chose when i ordered?

7. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

yes. did you not try useing them already?

8. MacMalv macrumors regular

yes i have. i tried my real name and the password i created. im starting to worry now :(

9. Pompey2000 thread starter macrumors member

Mine works fine, as long as you have the order reference you can ring them up tomurrow and find out if your order is in progress...

10. Badgerguy macrumors member

I suspect that the order status is going to be slow to move to the next stage.

It's highly likely that 'In progress' is merely a flag to say that your order still needs its credit checks done, or could even indicate that the actual box they are going to ship to you hasn't been prepared for shipment yet - not surprising given how many orders they received, and the possibility that O2 could still be in the process of 'checking in' all the stock they've received from Apple!

If you don't feel you've received sufficient confirmation, or can't track your order - by all means call O2, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about a change in status until Thursday, by that point I assume they'll use next-day couriers to get your parcels out to you, and the order status should start to change to something resembling 'sent'.

--
    BG

11. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

The online order tracker is not working at all this morning - just dumps me to the 'successful login' page.

Oh-hum!

12. Juo100 macrumors regular

My order is still in progress, but Im starting to worry because I havnt had their second conformation email from O2 that loads of others on the board have.

13. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

I'd give them a call. Not sure it will give the reassurance you want but more info is good is it not?

So you are able to see the status of your order? I just get bumped to the thanks for signing in screen.

14. Juo100 macrumors regular

I rang them last night and they I should call back tonight, or tomorrow night. If it still doesn’t show as shipping by late Thursday ill just ring up and cancel and go and queue.

15. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

I'll be right there with you!

16. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Whats the number for o2?

Do I just tell them the order number and then they will tell me if Friday is the day I get mine?

17. rball1979 macrumors regular

I had an email last night saying that I should expect to receive my phone within 5 days...but it's still in progress. I wouldn't expect it to change statuses until it ships....then again I rarely order from O2 so not sure what their status progression is...

At the end of the day I have an order number so will get a phone sooner rather than later.

18. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

My status changed today to "Cancelled"... I have emailed them; I'm sure this is the start of a frustrating battle! :mad: (and I don't use that smilie often!)

19. Pompey2000 thread starter macrumors member

wtf! did you order a 8gb or 16gb? and did this change in your order progress?

20. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

8GB, and no it didn't change. I will give the Customer Services a call later and report back.

Has anyone else had this happen? I know that my order was pending a Credit Check, but I have no reason to believe this would affect my order as I have never missed payments (on anything!).

21. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Which option on the phone do I choose to ask them about my iphone order?

22. 03sho macrumors 6502a

When did you order?

23. Pompey2000 thread starter macrumors member

The one which states that you want to question about an order.. not the iphone option which is option (1)

24. Pompey2000 thread starter macrumors member

Yea when did you order and did you get any emails?

25. 03sho macrumors 6502a

What's the number?