Has anyone else's iphone first gen started to become really slow?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrPeanut, Nov 28, 2009.

1. MrPeanut macrumors regular

I've noticed over the last few months that my first gen iphone has started to become unresponsive and take a long time to load basic things like sms. I also sometimes cannot answer calls, slide to answer doesnt work or it does but freezes at the end of the bar and i cant get out of it unless the person on the other end cancels the call. I've tried a restore as well and its not been jailbreaked, although it used to be but i never really used cydia anyway.

Thanks

2. MrPeanut thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, this should be in iphone troubleshooting really. Can someone move it please? I dont want to start up another thread there.

3. AlmostJosh macrumors 6502

AlmostJosh

happens to me too! does yours freeze when you're trying to type an sms and then like 2 minutes later finally unfreeze? so annoying :mad:

4. MrPeanut thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it does that, tempting to upgrade to a 3GS but i really want to just wait till the 4th gen iphone.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Have you tried restoring the phone and then setting it up as a new phone? Some people have reported this helps... mine is a little slower than it was with 1.1.4, back in the day, but on balance I don't notice it being much different.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

3.x Is not meant for first gen phones. It kills them.

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Yeah, mine has. Even though its jailbroken I dont have that many things on it. Just having the phone and iPod running, im down to 10MB of RAM.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

OS 3 and 1st Gen iPhones are not meant for each other. 1st Gen iPhones gain nothing from OS 3 (besides Copy/Paste).