Has anyone else's iphone first gen started to become really slow?

MrPeanut

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2009
West Yorkshire, UK
I've noticed over the last few months that my first gen iphone has started to become unresponsive and take a long time to load basic things like sms. I also sometimes cannot answer calls, slide to answer doesnt work or it does but freezes at the end of the bar and i cant get out of it unless the person on the other end cancels the call. I've tried a restore as well and its not been jailbreaked, although it used to be but i never really used cydia anyway.

Thanks

MrPeanut

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2009
West Yorkshire, UK
Sorry, this should be in iphone troubleshooting really. Can someone move it please? I dont want to start up another thread there.

Comment

AlmostJosh

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
happens to me too! does yours freeze when you're trying to type an sms and then like 2 minutes later finally unfreeze? so annoying :mad:

Comment

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Have you tried restoring the phone and then setting it up as a new phone? Some people have reported this helps... mine is a little slower than it was with 1.1.4, back in the day, but on balance I don't notice it being much different.

Comment

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Yeah, mine has. Even though its jailbroken I dont have that many things on it. Just having the phone and iPod running, im down to 10MB of RAM.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.