Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Do the photo steam photos take up space on your device? That's what I'm confused about.

I do not believe that the stream does, but the initial photo has to come from a device so it's taking up space on one of your devices I would believe. If someone can correct me please do so.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I used to be bothered that I can't edit photostream. Then I realized photosteam is not permenant all together. Photos disappear on their own in 30 days. So I stopped caring about whats on there anymore.

Lets say you get divorced or have a bad breakup, do you want to see photos with that person through the first 30 days, which is the hardest part of a breakup. Just because you dont have a reason, doesn't mean there isnt one.

I've waited with Photostream until I can have more control over whats in it.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Lets say you get divorced or have a bad breakup, do you want to see photos with that person through the first 30 days, which is the hardest part of a breakup. Just because you dont have a reason, doesn't mean there isnt one.

I've waited with Photostream until I can have more control over whats in it.

Pretty much what I've done.

G37dude80

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2009
Coral Springs
I used to be bothered that I can't edit photostream. Then I realized photosteam is not permenant all together. Photos disappear on their own in 30 days. So I stopped caring about whats on there anymore.

My Streaming Photos still shows pictures I took back in October! whaat?

towboattrash34

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2009
You can decide what is in photo stream... just delete them from iPhoto... I have about 5,000 or so photos,but only imported what i wanted then you click on them and select what you want in photo stream....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.