Has anyone googled their ex?

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I would think all the googling would happen under the covers not after the split.:D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
All mine are on my Facebook anyways. It's easy to keep track when you've only been out with a few folk.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
I Facebook stalk one of them only because I think she is pregnant. Otherwise, no, I'm not a creeper to my exs.

Edit: Haha- I know it is not my baby. It's been 2 years since I've been with her.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I Facebook stalk one of them only because I think she is pregnant. Otherwise, no, I'm not a creeper to my exs.
May want to rethink this ... you are a creeper to your ex as you're admitting to stalking her because she may be pregnant. Man up and ask her. :rolleyes:

I've never googled an ex myself and personally haven't found a desire to do so.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
May want to rethink this ... you are a creeper to your ex as you're admitting to stalking her because she may be pregnant. Man up and ask her. :rolleyes:

I've never googled an ex myself and personally haven't found a desire to do so.
Haha sorry. I guess i should have rephrase it. I know it is not my baby. We ended on rough terms, and she would take the question as "See, I told you so. Now look what you have to deal with. You slut." Yeah, it is complicated.

dmr727

macrumors G3
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I keep up with the ones I'm still friends with via Facebook. The ones I'm not still friends with, nope.

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
Why bother with all the Googling? It's much easier to set up a Google Web Alert -- it'll automatically email you whenever her/his name appears online. You can set it for the web, news, and blogs! That way you feel like much less of a stalker. :eek:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Haha sorry. I guess i should have rephrase it. I know it is not my baby. We ended on rough terms, and she would take the question as "See, I told you so. Now look what you have to deal with. You slut." Yeah, it is complicated.
Yeah the rephrase doesn't help matters here buddy. ;) If it's not your baby then why the heck do you care?

Here's the deal. We all have at least one ex. They're likely your ex for good reason. Move on with whatever you can move on with and just be done with it. Hold them in your heart if that's what you want and need but don't become a weirdo googling them. That likely leads to other things like driving outside their house or walking their dog when they're not home. It's all creepy and I'd like to think people are better than that.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Original poster
I am asking as I recently received an email from an ex (25 years ex) and was kind of curious to see how things worked out for her. Jessica, you are correct in saying we are ex for a reason and they are damn fine reasons. I'll leave it as a mystery. Best let sleeping dogs lie.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I am your ex-wife MacDawg I've been stalking you on Macrumors for years under this pseudonym.
Ha!
My ex-wife who wrote on my 2 day old iMac screen with a ballpoint pen! :mad:

I don't think so... she doesn't even know how to log in to a computer

Damn
Now she is back in my mind again

/done with this thread

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
No, and why would I do that?

Ha!
My ex-wife who wrote on my 2 day old iMac screen with a ballpoint pen! :mad:

I don't think so... she doesn't even know how to log in to a computer

Damn
Now she is back in my mind again

/done with this thread
*Hypnotizes MacDawg* On the count of three you forget you ever had an ex... 1.. 2... it's really up to you :)

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
I've had occasional idle curiosity but I wouldn't want to establish any contact, that's for sure. Even though I left on fairly good terms with all my exs.