Has anyone here regretted not getting gold?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 12, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I love gold and the color gold, but I don't think I want a white iPhone. I have a white galaxy s4 and it's just kind of boring at this point. Has anyone regretted getting a non-gold iPhone? I figure I'll have a case on it the whole time.

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I am REALLY glad that I didn't buy the gold version. The gold 6 just looks really ugly (the white antenna lines are WAY to prominent).

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The gold on the iPhone 5 looks so much better than the iPhone 6. I bit the bullet and bought gold along with silver.

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

my wife's gold iPhone 5s looks a ton better. though I still wasn't planning on getting gold.

5. Jon1323 macrumors member

Not even a little bit, the 6 in gold is ugly and I loved my gold 5s. Those white antenna bands completely ruin it IMO.

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

7. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I bought the gold since I've had a white and black phone. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. The iphone 5s looks way better in gold, and I wish they would have matched the bands to the gold color so it didn't look so weird. Hopefully I won't completely hate the look of it when I see it in person. Either way it doesn't matter, I'll probably get a case.

8. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Yup, this.

Finally got silver. It's the best looking one IMO because it dulls the contrast effect of the awful lines.

9. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I bought the gold. I definitely prefer the way the 5s looked in gold, but I personally like it on the 6 as well. I like the white bands, too, but I'm a fan of white and gold together.

I thought the gold 5s looked really ugly when I first saw it online and ended up really wishing I bought it so I figured I'd get it this time and if I hated it I can just return it.

10. blazinz macrumors regular

I got the gold bc I liked the gold ring on the home button, my phones are always in a case anyway. Maybe I like it maybe I don't but after years of either black or white phones I decided to switch it up. I love black but I hate seeing sooo many finger prints so I've kinda been going white face the past 2 years.

11. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

No wonder mine is coming on 9/19! :D I may be the only one who ordered it. Its going in an Otterbox case anyway.

12. ttbhg macrumors newbie

I actually bought the gold and immediately wished I would've gotten the silver. I looked around Verizon's site to cancel but can't figure out how. I might call and see if they can cancel so I can reorder a silver model.

13. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I went with gold just because it's different from any previous phone I have. Not sure how much I'll like it but it will be covered by a case most of the time anyway.

14. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

No. I had the Gold 5S for a few days and didn't like it at all. I'm happy with the Silver/White iPhone which is why I went with it again this year.

15. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i was almost stuck with a 16gb plus in silver because it was the only one shipping on the 19th but i managed to get a 16gb plus in space grey through apple. i am ecstatic now!

16. JD84 macrumors 6502

I wondered the same question myself. I ordered the silver and still wonder if I should have gotten the gold.

17. LasersGoPewPew macrumors regular

LasersGoPewPew

I currently have a gold 5S and was going to get gold again this time around but I decided to get black to mix it up a bit. Now I'm thinking maybe I should've gotten gold. Either way, I'm happy I got to preorder one for delivery on the 19th.