Has anyone modded 12.9 silicone case for gen 2 yet?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Jul 8, 2017.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

The mic on the back seems like it would be easy to address by marking the spot and using a drill bit

AS for the camera, I wouldn’t do a great job but running scissors through the hole or a sharp knife seems like it would work too even if it doesn’t look precise to let the bigger sensor fit

I’d just like to see some people doing this, maybe I’d pick up a cheap used one and do it too

Also- is the silicone case too heavy on 12.9?

I have it on my 9.7 pro and love it, but i just wonder about it with 12.9 weight combined if it’s a problem

Thanks

2. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Pretty happy with mine without having to mode it. The only thing that doesn't work is the flash. I find it to be pretty light and offers good grip and proctteciton to the iPad. I do wish I didn't have to pay full price for it, but none of the retailers seeem to discounting the price yet.

3. zea macrumors member

Does the new camera bump pose any issues or does the case fit perfectly? I'm planning to use mine unmodified if it fits until I find a more permanent solution.

4. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I've been using the silicone case for over 2 weeks with no issues so far. The fit is good, mics work, speakers work and camera works. The only thing that doesn't work is the flash for the camera when I'm using the case.