Has anyone returned a 6 for a 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steviejobz, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Many threads with the downgrade. Anyone else upgrading?

2. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

it would be essentially downgrading if you are movin to the Plus, due to the ease of bending. Sorry its the truth and everyone knows it.

So sad for apple.

3. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

Yep, me. I tried the 6 for a few days and then the plus. Settled on the plus. I'd miss it if I returned. Don't miss the regular 6. Don't believe all the bending reports, spoke to Apple guy in store today. She'd never heard of it!

4. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I would guess more people would be doing it if you could actually find one.

5. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

First of all, was it a He or a she? Second, of course he/she will say that. They are trained to stay quiet until apple makes an official comment on the situation!

6. prominence macrumors regular

For me, I played with the regular 6 for 30 minutes in the Apple Store, but it was just too similar to the 5/5S (aside from being noticeably thinner and slightly taller). Wasn't big enough of a change for me. Love the plus. It's much more of an experience when read iBooks or email, etc. The battery life out of this world for an iPhone.

7. Gincoma macrumors 6502

What do you expect a Apple rep to say? Of course they never heard of it (sarcasm) They are not going to say its wide spread and lose a sale.

8. Steviejobz thread starter macrumors 68000

I meant upgrade as in size. I don't typically sit with a phone in the front pocket so this risk is minimal for me.

9. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

10. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

Well, yeah, I guess you're right but she genuinely looked like she'd never heard of it. This from someone who told me "quietly" that if I had a scratch on my phone I could always drop it it get it replaced under Applecare.

I'm sure there are cases of bent iPhones but I'll bet they're in the minority. All I know is mines not bend and doesn't look like I could bend it if tried..

11. meagain macrumors 68030

I am likely going to. The problem is finding one so I might just give up at some point.

And every time I go there they tell me a different story re AT&T iPhones. 14 days, 30 days only if it's AT&T, 14 days. So IDK

12. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

[QUOTE=;198Used my 6 + in the office today. An hour commute listening to radio via 4G, usual emails and a bit of browsing. Back home after 9 hours the battery was on 79%. My 5s used to fall to 20% and often needed a quick charge before leaving the office. V impressive. I also leave Bluetooth and wifi on all the time.

13. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

The answer is yes. Someone has. They are just afraid to post because their fellow forum members will bash them and call them names for doing it.

14. dishfan82 macrumors member

I got mine at T-mobile after being lied to by 3 Apple reps who told me I could do the equipment installment plans in the store. So by chance I went to a T-mobile store nearby and got lucky and they had one left in stock. After playing with both phones there's no way I would exchange bc 1. The plus is nice but too big for me and 2. I'd owe a $50 restocking fee.

15. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

16. Viva, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

Viva macrumors newbie

I have had my 6 for a few days now and wanted to be sure whilst I had the chance to be certain I had made the right decision, so reserved a Plus at my local Apple store and went there yesterday before my collection time and played with one for a good twenty minutes. I was immediately put off it by the size, pretty much done and dusted right there and then in the first minute. It's just too big for my lifestyle. I want a phone that is both used as a phone, comfortable to carry in jeans, quick of the draw (out of pocket, check texts, back in pocket, one handed operation). The plus is a beautiful device, just not for me. It would be a downgrade as far as I'm concerned.

17. dishfan82 macrumors member

I agree with you it's a beautiful device but too big for my daily use. If they wouldn't have made it so long and more like the G3 then I'd buy it but just disappointed. I almost feel like Apple rushed the plus just to get it out there. They should of had it come out early 2015.

18. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I want to try the Plus and I do not mean in the store where one's use is restricted.

The bigger Plus gives me a better experience for movies and games and browsing. I may concede the size because of that.

The problem is getting one before the return period on my 6 expires. No choice but to return the 6 and wait it out if I find needing to satisfy myself on which would be better in the long run to own.

I owned the Note 3 but the size was not the biggest reason why I returned it, more so because of TW and bloatware.

19. kobiano macrumors member

Some people will never be satisfied...I, on the other hand, fully love and appreciate my 6+ in all of its glory and battery life power!

20. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

I couldn't go back now I'm used to the plus. The only problem I've identified is getting a suitable car holder and I'm sure that'll be addressed shortly. It is, for me, the perfect phone. Love it!

21. beebo87 macrumors member

i'm trying. i just can't find one in stock anywhere. =[

22. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I am about to after trying both now during my daily routine.

I feel I would not upgrade the Plus next year but probably would just going with the 6 instead.

AND I had the 6 since launch, the Plus since Friday. And after only 3 days with the Plus, bingo.

23. samven582 macrumors 6502a

yes twice already

24. jwill99 macrumors member

I plan to change from the 6 to the 6 Plus, if I can find one in stock before my 14 days are up. If I am lucky enough to find one, I will be putting a protective case on it right away.