Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Mine shipped last last week (was supposed to). So just a little longer to wait, and...

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
That case looks TOO nice. Plus it's expensive. I think I'd need an additional case around the whole thing to protect the iWood case/iPhone.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
my only concern is that it will be scratched in my pocket from keys or whatever in a week, $100 down the tubes

iwoodphone

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
I received mine about a week ago. I got the cherry one. It is beautiful and came well packaged. The only problem I have with it is that the cut out for the ringer silence button is to small, and makes it hard to switch the ringer off without removing the upper part of the case. Like everyone has stated it took a while for it to come I ordered mine back on 8/11 and had to email to find out when it shipped. But the case is very smooth and enhances the beauty of the phone. Worth every cent............:eek:

bonjavi

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
I received mine about a week ago. I got the cherry one. It is beautiful and came well packaged. The only problem I have with it is that the cut out for the ringer silence button is to small, and makes it hard to switch the ringer off without removing the upper part of the case. Like everyone has stated it took a while for it to come I ordered mine back on 8/11 and had to email to find out when it shipped. But the case is very smooth and enhances the beauty of the phone. Worth every cent............:eek:

Please could you post some pics???

I would really like to see how a real one looks, I've just seen the promo pics!

Thanks in advance,

Javi

iwoodphone

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
Here are some quick photo's.

Attachments

• DSC03493.jpg
    DSC03493.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC03494.jpg
    DSC03494.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC03497.jpg
    DSC03497.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC03499.jpg
    DSC03499.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 215

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
I like it a lot. Yours has a nice grain pattern.

Glad I got cherry - that's a nice wood sample! :)

iwoodphone

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
It is not very thick at all. It really does not make the phone seem much thicker. And I am not worried about it getting scratched, wood is very durable. I love it except for the ringer switch and the fact that you have to push a little harder on the wood covered buttons (but that is expected).

Oh and thanks I love the wood grain as well. I hope you get a nice one too.

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
I think Ill stay naked... I just cant bear to add any extra thickness to the already beautiful casing.

Thanks for sharing though.

bonjavi

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
Hi! I would like to ask to the ones that bought an iwood, if they get any kind of feedback from miniot; I mean, I bought mine like 3 days ago and I haven't received anything, not even a confirmation email or something. I even sent them an email, just asking for confirmation and asking about the shipment, and I haven't received any answer.

So, just wanted to know if this the usual way for them; I mean, I know it will take 2-3 weeks to be made, but at least they can reply to my emails.

Thanks,

Javi

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Hi! I would like to ask to the ones that bought an iwood, if they get any kind of feedback from miniot; I mean, I bought mine like 3 days ago and I haven't received anything, not even a confirmation email or something. I even sent them an email, just asking for confirmation and asking about the shipment, and I haven't received any answer.

So, just wanted to know if this the usual way for them; I mean, I know it will take 2-3 weeks to be made, but at least they can reply to my emails.

Thanks,

Javi

Peter's good about responding, but is usually a day or 2 behind. My case is in transit, as of 1 week ago today. I hope to see it within the next week.

Every email I've sent has been answered, and I sent plenty ;) It just takes a few days for a response sometimes.

bonjavi

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
Ah thanks, I sent it on 25, so its 2 days now. The address that I used is iwood@miniot.com, is that correct?

Thanks, I will wait until monday and if he doesn't answer me I will try it again.

I ordered the walnut one, with cover, dock and logo. Will post pics when I receive it!

smcgough

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
iWood problem

iWood problem
Cheap piece of wood, and broke the first day I used it.
Not my fault, seeking a refund from Peter at Miniot or a replacement product.

Also, the clear screen I ordered was DOA, and the product took almost two months to receive.

--Shaun

Pictures of broken power button availalbe upon request.

bonjavi

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
I would like to see the pics

And what did they told you about all this?? what happened?? what about the screen cover?? and 2 months?? how's that possible??

kaidoy021

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
I just placed an order on the 25th as well. Padouk with logo. Peter has responded to my emails so far.

Please do post pics of your broken iwood. I would like to see the pics too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.