Has anyone tried iWood for iPhone yet?

bonjavi

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
Maybe my email account is not working, well it's a .mac one so at least I waited from apple to not lose emails... well I received one but not from peter, telling me that my logo wasn't selected on position nor size.

Don't have any answer to my reply nor to the first email I sent.

That Peter everyone is talking about uses the same address iwood@miniot.com??

kaidoy021

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
Maybe my email account is not working, well it's a .mac one so at least I waited from apple to not lose emails... well I received one but not from peter, telling me that my logo wasn't selected on position nor size.

Don't have any answer to my reply nor to the first email I sent.

That Peter everyone is talking about uses the same address iwood@miniot.com??
Yes, I emailed Peter through that email address. When I first placed my order, I noticed before I submitted the order, the logo didn't register the placement. So after I placed the order, I immediately emailed him how I wanted my logo placed since the order didn't register it. He acknowledged my email and noted how I wanted my logo placed.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
That thing is RIDICULOUSLY expensive though, even if it is the nicest iPhone case I've yet to see. I'm not ready to pay 1/3 of what I paid for my iPhone for a case

bonjavi

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
He sent me an email yesterday, finally Peter! , just telling me that the logo was now ok and that the fedex shipment in EU is not faster than the priority mail (I tried to select the fedex one).

So well, post your pics when you receive it, I'll post mine in one month or so ...

Thanks for your help

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
That thing is RIDICULOUSLY expensive though, even if it is the nicest iPhone case I've yet to see. I'm not ready to pay 1/3 of what I paid for my iPhone for a case
For me it was more like 1/6 of what I paid for my iPhone, so it's not as steep ;)

Still waiting on mine to arrive...

bonjavi

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
Yeah it's at least the most original one. Will see how funtional it is.

What about those brocken case and cover pics??

meanopause

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2007
Hello everyone, new guy here.

I just received my walnut iWood today. Ordered it on the 9/28 and it was on my desk (at work) this morning (10/1). Great communication with Miniot, but it seems like you have to initiate that communication.

My pictures are pretty much the same as the ones that were posted earlier in this thread, just a different color. pics are here:

http://flickr.com/photos/meanopause/sets/72157602228270435/

I'll be honest, the case looks slick! The phone fits in nicely, wood grain looks great, even smells good. Although, there are a few things that aren't so slick about the phone.

• I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, but the silent/ring toggle is IMPOSSIBLE to use, I'm thinking of making that hole a tad larger. I use that toggle switch all the time so it has to work.

• The magnet type things are too weak, if you grab the phone by its' sides–especially on the bottom half– your iphone and iwood will fall on the ground. I'm looking for solutions that would give me a little more confidence while pulling out the phone, maybe double sided tape on the inside?

• I guess the buttons are kind of hard to press, you have to press them on the edges.

Let me finish by saying that the looks are amazing but it does need some work on the everyday-usability side. Now go buy one!

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Mine arrived today as well, in cherry. Everything said previously, I can agree with. The side buttons are functional, just need to put a little pressure on them. Can't get to the 'silent' button too well. But it looks great, and feels good in the hand.

Overall, I don't regret the purchase at all.

iwoodphone

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
Mine arrived today as well, in cherry. Everything said previously, I can agree with. The side buttons are functional, just need to put a little pressure on them. Can't get to the 'silent' button too well. But it looks great, and feels good in the hand.

Overall, I don't regret the purchase at all.
I look forward to seeing pictures of yours. I agree the feel of the case is very nice. I did or do not have the problems with the magnets that the previous post stated. My wood holds together great; you might want to question Peter about that.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
I look forward to seeing pictures of yours. I agree the feel of the case is very nice. I did or do not have the problems with the magnets that the previous post stated. My wood holds together great; you might want to question Peter about that.
Mine looks very similar to the other cherry case previously pictured - just a slightly different grain. I can try to get some pictures later today though.

I don't have the problem with the case sliding apart on its own. I have noticed that the bottom piece over the dock port) holds to the iPhone a bit snugger than the top piece sometimes.

I should have clarified that I agree with 'most' of the comments made :) My buttons do work, just require extra pressure; the silent button is hard, if not impossible, to get to; and overall the case adds minimal girth/weight. I was surprised by how light it was, actually.

iwoodphone

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
Mine looks very similar to the other cherry case previously pictured - just a slightly different grain. I can try to get some pictures later today though.

I don't have the problem with the case sliding apart on its own. I have noticed that the bottom piece over the dock port) holds to the iPhone a bit snugger than the top piece sometimes.

I should have clarified that I agree with 'most' of the comments made :) My buttons do work, just require extra pressure; the silent button is hard, if not impossible, to get to; and overall the case adds minimal girth/weight. I was surprised by how light it was, actually.
Do post your pictures it would be nice to see the different grain patterns.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
A few pics (not 56K safe)

The rest can be found at http://gallery.mac.com/carmanj#100046&bgcolor=black.

The only issue I have is, the cut-out for the dock cable isn't wide enough. [EDIT] The cut-out is fine. I was using an older generation sync cable. The connector on the iPhone sync cable is thinner and fits inside the iWood case perfectly.

bonjavi

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
Nice pics Carman! thanks for posting.

So, what I'm worried about now is that the magnets don't have enough force and the iphone fall if you're just holding the case by the upper side. what do you think about this? how do you place your hand when holding it? to take off the lower part requieres a lot of force or it's easy; if it's easy , when you take off of your pocket doesn't it lose the lower part, or the iphone and you just take the upper?

thanks for the pics again, really nice

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Nice pics Carman! thanks for posting.

So, what I'm worried about now is that the magnets don't have enough force and the iphone fall if you're just holding the case by the upper side. what do you think about this? how do you place your hand when holding it? to take off the lower part requieres a lot of force or it's easy; if it's easy , when you take off of your pocket doesn't it lose the lower part, or the iphone and you just take the upper?

thanks for the pics again, really nice
The magnets are plenty strong. You won't have to worry about the case separating when you are holding it by the edges.

When I pull it apart, I rest a finger on the screen and pull the bottom piece off. It takes a bit of force to break the hold of the magnets.

If I don't hold the screen, the top piece seems to want to slide off first. Maybe it's a tolerance thing, maybe it's the way I hold the case. I'm a lefty, for what that's worth :p

iMACTASTIC

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
You may want to be concerned about the magnetic sliding backing on this. Magnets are not the iphones friend.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
You may want to be concerned about the magnetic sliding backing on this. Magnets are not the iphones friend.
My money clip uses large, strong magnets. I've kept my iphone in the same pocket since I've owned it with no ill effects.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Omg, I wooden case?! That's awesome, I never even thought about such a thing for an electronic device. I might have to get one and switch my cases up lol. What's the lead time on something like this? Seems two weeks is the standard eh?

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Hey, I noticed you have a G37, got an FX45 here, but I didn't have an option for an iPod mount. I had mine installed post-factory with a 30 pin connector such as yours and a couple of amps, subs and new speakers. How/why does it show "Infiniti" on the iPod? Did the iPod dock come with infiniti controls on the navigational display and steering wheel? If so, damn, I'm jealous lol. Nice pics.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Omg, I wooden case?! That's awesome, I never even thought about such a thing for an electronic device. I might have to get one and switch my cases up lol. What's the lead time on something like this? Seems two weeks is the standard eh?
Mine took about 1 month from when I ordered it to when I had it.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Hey, I noticed you have a G37, got an FX45 here, but I didn't have an option for an iPod mount. I had mine installed post-factory with a 30 pin connector such as yours and a couple of amps, subs and new speakers. How/why does it show "Infiniti" on the iPod? Did the iPod dock come with infiniti controls on the navigational display and steering wheel? If so, damn, I'm jealous lol. Nice pics.
The G37 came standard with the connector and cable. I think the Infiniti logo is sent from the car, unless Apple pre-programmed it somehow.

All functions work via the touch display or steering wheel.