Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeorgeN111

macrumors regular
May 24, 2010
Anyone here know whether UPS deliver on Saturdays in the UK. I have just tracked my delivery via UPS and it has said Departure Scan Tamworth does this mean that it is out for delivery of that it will now be held there until Monday.

Man-Droid

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Anyone here know whether UPS deliver on Saturdays in the UK. I have just tracked my delivery via UPS and it has said Departure Scan Tamworth does this mean that it is out for delivery of that it will now be held there until Monday.

UPS delivers on Saturday but it is a part of their express shipping services, not ground.

tturland

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2007
Have to say I'm impressed with speed of shipment in UK. Ordered my iMac i7 with no other added extras yesterday from the online Apple store at 12noon, and by 9am this morning (Saturday) it has said it has already shipped! Expecting it on or before 6th August....a week is not bad!

peevies

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2006
MA
I ordered my BTO iMac Wednesday night, July 28 - and it still has a status of "not yet shipped"
Ordered:
2.93 i7
4GB RAM
2TB ATA
Magic Mouse
Wireless keyboard
Applecare

To complicate things, I helped a relative order the exact configuration(mine only with battery charger kit), but am having both iMacs shipped to my address since someone will be home next week to take delivery. I doubt that really affects the shipping and delivery, which says "delivers Aug 3 - Aug 7"
I have to say I am so envious of the folks who know theirs is already on the way! I have an early 2006 intel iMac that I am replacing, and I have waited patiently for this tiny refresh and someone being home to take delivery at this time. I think this lack of shipping status is what's making me nuts now on July 31st!
I can't wait to get my hands on this thing - maybe the exact BTO specs are why mine is where it is?
Hopefully, it'll be delivered this week and I will be thrilled to bits!:)

Keysmark

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Late last night I checked order status and it said "Prepared for Shipping".

I ordered thru Apple Canada to be delivered to Victoria BC

WickedSick

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Grrrr, mine is prepped for shipping but its Saturday now so it probably won't get sent out until Monday. Boooo! (stares longingly at his unopened Starcraft 2 box)

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Still waiting on mine, checking the widget every few hours, its not going anywhere :p :eek:

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
I ordered an iMac, iTouch, Printer. I checked through FEDEX website using my phone number, and it shows up two tracking number. The first one weighs 43lbs, was wondering if that is the iMac and the printer? And the other one is 1lbs, and I think thats the iTouch. But does Apple ship the printer and iMac in the same box? It does weight 43lbs. Anyone that got there iMac shipped i7, how much did yours weigh?

Keysmark

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Just got an e-mail from Apple that mine was shipped by Fed Ex Express. Tracking shows it was picked up around noon. With Monday being a holiday here in Canada, I probably will not get it until Tue or Wed.

Dwhite78

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2010
I ordered an iMac, iTouch, Printer. I checked through FEDEX website using my phone number, and it shows up two tracking number. The first one weighs 43lbs, was wondering if that is the iMac and the printer? And the other one is 1lbs, and I think thats the iTouch. But does Apple ship the printer and iMac in the same box? It does weight 43lbs. Anyone that got there iMac shipped i7, how much did yours weigh?

The 27inch imac box weighs 43lbs.

Sounds like your printer has not shipped.

peevies

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2006
MA
I ordered my BTO iMac Wednesday night, July 28 - and it still has a status of "not yet shipped"
Ordered:
2.93 i7
4GB RAM
2TB ATA
Magic Mouse
Wireless keyboard
Applecare
At least it now says "Prepared for shipment"..........I am feeling the most impatience now that I've finally ordered the beast and want the instant gratification!:mad:

Zacken87

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
Ordered a new BTO iMac Wednesday, the 28th, and it still hasn't shipped.
21.5" 3.6GHz i5
4GB RAM
2TB Hard Drive
iWork, Magic Mouse, Wireless Keyboard, and AppleCare.

Probably would have shipped earlier had I not ordered iWork on top of the customized hardware. Ah well. It'll arrive eventually. It'll be an emotional moment.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
Mines just arrived in Oakland. Does anyone know where it will head to next if its gonna go to Hawaii? It is scheduled to arrive August 3rd, but it seems like it may come by Monday.

kennynvb

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
why didn't i get a free ipod with mine?

i actually had to pay extra for the damn remote. :mad:

i didn't last time?

MackeralFillet

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
I'm in the UK and ordered on the 29th (i7 with 8gb RAM). Why in the world do the not have these pre built ready to ship? It's hardly a massive customisation! You'd think they could anticipate that people may actually upgrade to the i7 and have a load pre built to meet demand???!

Not yet shipped
Estimated Shipping: 4 business days
Estimated Delivery: 09 Aug, 2010 - 10 Aug, 2010

nobias

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
27" i7 2.93
16GB
2TB+SSD
Magic Mouse+Trackpad/Charger/Remote

Ordered early evening on on day of announcement (07/27), Arriving Monday (8/2)

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I'm in the UK and ordered on the 29th (i7 with 8gb RAM). Why in the world do the not have these pre built ready to ship? It's hardly a massive customisation! You'd think they could anticipate that people may actually upgrade to the i7 and have a load pre built to meet demand???!

Not yet shipped

Same here, ordered on the 27th, the delivery date seems optimistic now though. :confused:

Ships: 4 business days
Delivers: 03 Aug, 2010 - 04 Aug, 2010

tturland

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2007

Not yet shipped

Completely agree MackeralFillet! I even rang a few Apple stores in the UK as I remember they used to stock the i7 before the refresh last week, but not so this time!

tturland

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2007
27" i7 2.93
16GB
2TB+SSD
Magic Mouse+Trackpad/Charger/Remote

Ordered early evening on on day of announcement (07/27), Arriving Monday (8/2)

Crikey! That's a long time to wait!....then again i wonder if its because of the SSD config you've ordered?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.