Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RunawayTruck

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
My iMac shipped today. I order the base 21.5" model on Saturday morning along with an HP printer. I got notices that both had shipped around 1 PM today. FedEx has their status as "initiated" with an estimated delivery date of August 4.

WickedSick

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
So called Apple about my janky tracking number. The girl said she had gotten calls of this nature earlier in the day and the problem lay with fedex. She said if the iMac didn't arrive between the 4th or the 7th to give them a call back. I hope it doesn't come to that. Must play Starcraft 2!

Flea24

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
im in the UK and ordered a 27 i7 and i get dud tracking numbers. can anyone shed insight into this;

got a free ipod nano as a student incentive and that came with an odd tracking number;

Shipped on: Jul 30, 2010 via Syncreon Technology
Tracking #: WW000001812170598xxx

who are these people ive never heard of them?

my imac was shipped;

Shipped on: Jul 30, 2010 via Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.
Tracking #: 00340422530004014xxx

again ive never had a package from Kuhne, any experience guys?

anyone had experience of those tracking number formats (the 3 x's are numbers) and where do they match upto?

Cheers

jcb12

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Shipped on: Jul 30, 2010 via Syncreon Technology
Tracking #: WW000001812170598xxx

Shipped on: Jul 30, 2010 via Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.
Tracking #: 00340422530004014xxx

As far as I am aware if you order a custom imac it is shipped from China, I am in the same boat just now..

Mine is due to arrive 6th August but all I have is those same sort of details, I guess until it arrives in the UK and gets a courier ie Fed Ex, UPS or whatever apple use in the UK then we won't get any other details..

it'll be updated in time though!

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Mine arrived in Cork this morning, think thats where all the UK Apple stuff comes in.

Now its IN TRANSIT :)

wrw23maths

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
ordered a quad i5 with 8gb ram last week within 2 hours of the update with an expected delivery of 6th August, and just received this from Apple:

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

The demand for the product you ordered has been higher than anticipated. We are shipping as quickly as possible, but cannot meet the dispatch date we previously estimated for you. We now expect to dispatch your order by 10.08.2010.

We estimate that it will be delivered to your shipping address on or before 17.08.2010.

Please note that these dates are estimated lead-times only. Once your order has dispatched, you will receive a Dispatch Notification email, which will provide you with detailed delivery information.

Your business is very important to us, and we apologise for any inconvenience that this change may cause.

Once your order has dispatched, you will receive a Dispatch Notification email, which will enable you to track your order.

Kind Regards,
The Apple Store

yet if i go to the uk apple store and look at the same thing i have on order, it still gives an estimated shipping time of 4 days!

grrrrrrrr.......

selfdisplaced

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
I ordered my i5 21.5" on Friday morning. Said Ships 1-3 business days, it still says that :-(

I want my iMac!

grantmo

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
Scotland
I have a different tracking number now and it says it's departed from cork Ireland and on schedule for 5th woo hoo :D

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I have a different tracking number now and it says it's departed from cork Ireland and on schedule for 5th woo hoo :D

When did you order?

I ordered a standard 21.5 base model and added the battery charger. It says my mac is custom configured. Is this normal??

tedus

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
Prepared for Shipment

Ordered on weekend and has now been "Prepared for Shipment" for two days...

Printer has a few weeks wait on that.

MathijsDelva

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2008
Ordered on weekend and has now been "Prepared for Shipment" for two days...

Printer has a few weeks wait on that.

Same here. Just this morning it went from 'not yet shipped' to 'prepared for shipment'. Although, i received an email from Apple telling me that my iMac WILL ship today and the printer will arrive at a later date because of the delay.

Mr.dgc

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Finally my Imac i7 8gb ram got shipped. Orderd 28th of July, estimated to be delivered 5-6 August. :rolleyes:

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
I ordered my 21.5 model on release day, and all I've got so far is;

Shipped to: ***** G.B, 30th July
Estimated Delivery Date: 6th August
Current Delivery Status: In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule, 3rd August
(Its worth noting that this date has changed every day, ie 1st Aug, 2nd Aug, 3rd...)

No tracking number, no carrier. Hmmmm.... :eek:

EDIT: I've discovered something rather interesting. The U.K and U.S Apple Store sites both show different information regarding your Shipping. I've just logged onto the U.S site instead, and now it shows the courier my items are shipping in - for the iMac, its "Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.", and for the iPod Touch and AppleCare, its "Syncreon Technology" . All shipped on July 30th apparently.

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I ordered on monday and it's still not shipped, i'm getting really impatient waiting for this!

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Mine is now showing delivery today :D

>Looks out of the window for the UPS van...<

UPS fail, delivery no show...

spiffy05

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
I ordered a standard config 3.2ghz iMac 21.5 on Sunday, and initially UPS indicated they would not be delivering until Sunday (in Canada).

I woke up this morning and checked again for the heck of it, and it says 'out for delivery'! :)

MathijsDelva

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2008
Alright, the printer delay story: it seems it isn't delayed anymore since my order status was updated this afternoon: ready for shipment. A few hours after that i got an email from apple my order has been shipped with a delivery date of tomorrow! That's really soon.. UPS tracking number confirms this. Sweet.

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
The most annoying thing about the wait isn't the actual length of the wait, it's not knowing if your machine is going to be usable on receipt.

I'm almost ready to head down to an apple store the day it comes to get a replecement for yellow screen.

tyche

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Ordered a BTO on July 28th. No info updated until Aug 4th when it went "prepared for shipment" and then a couple hours later it was in Fedex's hands.

They're estimating Friday, I'll be impressed if they do but I'm expecting a Monday delivery.

Update:

Thusday morning and they are halfway here! Can they make their estimated Friday before noon! Taking bets...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.