Has Apple included a simple Calendar with the new iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digitalcuriosity, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitalcuriosity, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

digitalcuriosity macrumors regular

I did not find one in the iPhone6 but Apple does include one in both my iPads 2&4. I know there are many in the Apple App store,but not the really simple one as used in my iPads.
    Is one now in the new iPhones6s.
    PLEASE DISREGARD MY POST OR REMOVE IT. Thanks DC.

2. eyoungren, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

????

Huh?

Calendar app has been part of a standard install since I don't know when. It's the app that has the date for the icon.

To the right there, the icon next to the clock app in the center.

2015-12-09 17.26.16.png 2015-12-09 17.26.24.png

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As above the calendar has been part of iOS since it was launched and it's as simple or complicated as you like

4. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors regular

On my iPad it's an item like the others,you touch it and it opens up into a full year of Months, with the day of Month colored.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

And it works similarly on the iPhone as well.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Exactly as per the iPhone.

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I hope they keep the calendar the way it is. Works great.

8. bransoj macrumors 6502a

I've actually gone back to using the stock calendar after a spell using Calendars 5. Initially changed to Calendars 5 when they made a mess of the stock calendar a while back but its won me over again recently and in conjunction with the "Events Widget" app to put stuff in the notification centre its a really good set up for me.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've gone with basically the same setup (after using Calendars for some time mostly for the widget).

10. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

11. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors regular

Well i received good answers and good direction from another Web site,so just disregard my post or the moderator can remove it.
    Have a nice day.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

What sort of "good answers and good direction" (given that the Calendar app was already there on the iPhone)?

13. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

For those of us who are not satisfied with the stock calendar there are a plethora of aftermarket calendars available, both paid and free. I'm using Week Cal which provides an old fashioned paper datebook week-at-a-glance view. Especially with the iPhone 6s Plus, it gives me the ideal view for my level of scheduling.

14. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

If your post was genuine then I do apologise, I genuinely wasn't sure as the stock iPhone calendar app has been there since the beginning so I found it hard to believe you hadn't seen or found it (not trying to patronise just genuinely did find it hard to believe).
    You received several good answers here that told you that the same Calendar app you are using on your iPads is already a stock app on your iPhone. If you can't find it use Siri or Spotlight to find it.

15. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Actually if one just looked at the sales site of the iPhone, one would have seen this.....

Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 4.23.08 PM.png

16. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors regular

I think the problem is i am not being understood,yes the calendar is somewhere on my phone. And yes Siri on the far left is suggesting the simple calendar.
    And i can touch it and bring it to screen.
    But i want to move it to my main screen,not keep having to swipe to the left and see what Siri is suggesting.
    I feel it should already be on my main screen when i bought the phone brand new.

17. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors regular

I think i found the simple calendar i need at the Apple store,it's the PocketLife. Downloaded it and it's about what i need,i can get the full version for $2.99 later if it will be more helpful.
    If anyone is now or has used the full version of PocketLife please let me know what you think about it.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

How does getting another calendar app solve the issue of it showing up on your main (first) home page?

19. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors regular

Because it's now on my main screen.

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

But when you install an app doesn't it go to a secondary screen instead of the main one? And are you saying that another site that provided "good answers and good direction" simply suggested getting another app as a solution to the issue of easier way to access the existing Calendar app?

In any case, seems like the underlying issue is larger than any of that since what it actually is is not knowing how to move things around on the device, which is one of the more basic things that a user should know--the link provided in an earlier reply that goes to an Apple support article at http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200290 will explain how to perform that simple action, which will allow you to easily move the already existing Calendar app to the first/main home page (and basically explain how to move things around in general so that you could do that if/when you might want to).

21. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

You can move any app you like onto your main screen. Or move any app you like OFF of your main screen.

C

22. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

23. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors regular

Yes i can.

24. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors regular

Hope you have insurance to cover the cost a new brain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.