Has Apple said anything about a Car Charger?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by davidlw, Feb 4, 2010.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am sure there will at least be a 3rd party solution for this

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

I would imagine any USB powered iPod or iPhone plug would work.

I bet ones based on firewire will not work without a Passport inverter or something.

4. lordhamster macrumors 6502

Amen. That would be my guess. Unless Apple decides to pull a Motorola and require more juice than the USB spec.

5. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Nothing on the apple website, im sure other people might have some usefull input :D

Im sure the existing 30pin dock connector car chargers will work though, if the iPad gets charged the same way as the other apple plug in priducts then it stands to reason that it should.

:apple:mike

6. MTI macrumors 65816

A good sign is that none of the existing Apple battery products charged via the USB brick requires more than the 5VDC. So, if you have a universal USB car charger (ones that have one or more USB ports) you may not have to purchase a separate charger.

7. lordhamster macrumors 6502

Lets hope not. When they changed from the firewire to the usb based charger design for the ipods I had switch out all my equipment, not to mention many car iPod chargers ceased charging the iPhone and newer iPods. If they change the voltage again I'd be very disappointed seeing as I just spent quite a bit of time and cash installing an integrated ipod 30 pin connector dock in my car.

8. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

You can get a car charger for iphone, im sure it would work with the iPad as well.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

+1. Apple doesn't have native car chargers that I know off, but I know Griffin at least makes many of them, all of which are compatible with almost all iPod/iPhone models.