Has MuscleNerd given up on Jailbreaking 4s/ipad2?

complexcommunic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
I UNDERSTAND that jailbreaking takes a long time. I UNDERSTAND that it's difficult work, and Apple likes to set up a lot of roadblocks to make it take even longer. But MuscleNerd has not offered a single hint that he is even working on it. Any time anyone asks him about it, he either ignores them or says something along the lines of "shut up." (Not literally, of course.) So why should we keep waiting and hoping, when all signs point to the fact that he has probably given up entirely?

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
But MuscleNerd has not offered a single hint that he is even working on it. Any time anyone asks him about it, he either ignores them or says something along the lines of "shut up." (Not literally, of course.)
MN and the other hackers have learned they can't give out just a little information because all it does is encourage morons to ask for even more information. Even if they posted they are working on it, how's that help anyone? Answer: It doesn't. It'd only generate more questions. Every minute they'd spend responding to questions is a minute they are not working on a jb.

So why should we keep waiting and hoping, when all signs point to the fact that he has probably given up entirely?
Perhaps people like you should stop waiting, hoping and posting about it. Simply move on with your stock device and quit reading the Hacks forum. A very simple solution.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Agreed with TC25... they don't want to give little tidbits because they will get flooded with questions!

It will just drop randomly.. like bird poop

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
Thank god for him and the others. I can tell you if you can't own your device I won't own it. Once jail breaking is over I'm done with apple phones. Its just like cars, I tune everything I own. Or I try at least.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2004
He's actually not working on it. As evidenced by his twitter...he's working on the unlock for the 4s right now.

Simple logic would imply that if he is working on an unlock for the 4s and an unluck requires a JB, then clearly someone is working on that.

You self-centered people are incredible

Unless you're going to help, sit back, remain silent, and learn some patience, and then go JB your new phone for free after they spend thousands of hours doing that for you

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Lol theres like a post a day on this crap why dont you go to iphonewiki do a little reading and learn to jb so u can release a JB everytime a new OS or device drops and maybe you could do it on release day?

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
I UNDERSTAND that jailbreaking takes a long time. I UNDERSTAND that it's difficult work, and Apple likes to set up a lot of roadblocks to make it take even longer. But MuscleNerd has not offered a single hint that he is even working on it. Any time anyone asks him about it, he either ignores them or says something along the lines of "shut up." (Not literally, of course.) So why should we keep waiting and hoping, when all signs point to the fact that he has probably given up entirely?
He's not required to make a jailbreak, let alone inform you of his progress.

Some people are very ignorant.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
So why should we keep waiting and hoping, when all signs point to the fact that he has probably given up entirely?
The only signs pointing to anything are that the usual impatient and entitled people are acting impatient and entitled as usual. If you truly understand then let people work uninterrupted. Constantly asking "When?" doesn't make the process go any faster.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Musclenerd is kind; i'd simply say shut up.
He is indeed, he had offered plenty of feedback and people still keep asking...and creating thread about him not working on it and "Giving up" on the JB. I would simply say..Shut up or ignore it all together.

Last edited:

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
You should move on then buddy!

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

New tweets look positive

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL

New tweets look positive
Right. Posted in the spirit of sharing, not beacause some dweeb who knows. NOthing keeps bugging him.

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland

srf4real said:

New tweets look positive
Right. Posted in the spirit of sharing, not beacause some dweeb who knows. NOthing keeps bugging him.
Huh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.