Has the bending thing died down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagdagdag234, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagdagdag234 macrumors regular

Seems that way. Why do you think? The "bad batch" is done with? People don't bother to make a fuss now?Or are people just being extra careful now that they know its more fragile than other phones?

(I think that's what I'm doing)

Oh, and you're welcome for bringing this up again. I'm sure you're all thrilled.

2. wermy macrumors regular

I noticed the same thing. Seems like hardly any new reports pop up on the forums.

I don't buy the "bad batch" thing, seems to be a pretty diverse mix of device configurations (6/6+, color, memory, carrier, etc) from which people had bent phones.

I know I'm definitely more careful with mine than I've felt the need to be with previous models...

3. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

4. wermy macrumors regular

Ninja'd. ^^

Yeah, even though it has died down here on the forums it looks like there is a steady trickle of new posts on oneofthenine.com.

5. deaglecat macrumors 6502

still a problem.

i have no issue with apple playing it down... but feel for those who are denied service to sort out am issue which is far too common an occurance.

6. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

1000% agreed. Devices with impact/damage points, yes, non warranty. But devices with slight kinks and the glass lifting should be replaced no questions asked.

Also seems to be where you're located.

7. wermy macrumors regular

I do take issue with them playing it down, though... They made the initial comment that 9 people had experienced this (or at least reported this to them), and have now just gone radio silent. It seems like they have even been out of touch with their retail employees (online and offline) given the wide variety of experiences folks are having trying to get them replaced. I realize some of that variance will be caused by some people trying to get phones that have obviously been dropped or whatever, but still.

8. cababah macrumors 68000

Just doesn't seem to have the same impact anymore. New bending threads give me the zZzZzZs

9. rGiskard macrumors 68000

rGiskard

Apple know EXACTLY how many 6 pluses are bending in the wild, they just don't announce it every day.

My only question is whether the right people at Apple know, or are underlings afraid to tell them because of bad tempers and denial?

10. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

it's like... iphone 4s are still in the wild.
    noone complains about the death grip anymore.

11. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

New cases added to a site with next to 0 credibility doesn't really amount to much.

12. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

Although my iphone 6 is fine, I have had a problem with TWO accessories being bent: the USB cable and the headphones. Both used to be straight, now you can see that both occassionally bend.

13. deaglecat macrumors 6502

4s it was fixed
    4 was a problem

... I think. never had a problem with my 4s phones

----------

LoL. .... i think

14. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

15. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

My iPhone 5 has that exact problem. Hold it in landscape and it drops wi-fi and cell connections. I'm unconvinced that the "grip of death" was ever really fixed in the 4 & 5 series phones.

16. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I think once Consumer Reports came out with the report that it was easier to bend an HTC One M8 or an iPhone 6 than a 6+ the whole thing just died.

17. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Love when people use that one of nine site as a source let's pretend those are all unique posts and with no duplicate (i dont have tine to analyze 400 pics) and let's pretend those 400 only account for 1% of the phone effected thats 40,000 effected phones which is 0.001333333333333% of 30 million phones(which might be low to real numbers)

Do you real think a company publicly address issues when 0.001333333333333% pf their product has issues

And lets not forget most of the reports end with apple replaced the device

18. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

hier hier

19. wermy macrumors regular

What exactly are the criteria for a site like that to be credible? All the owner does is scour instagram, twitter, etc. and post what he finds (as well as let others post their own stories).

Are you implying the images are fake somehow? I just browsed through it and ran across a post apologizing for accidentally posting the same phone twice. So if there is any deception going on, it sure doesn't appear to be intentional.

I've seen you bash the creator of that site on here many times saying he has "an agenda." Well of course he has an agenda - his site has a specific, targeted purpose. A regular guy says "Hey, I'm gonna start gathering all the social media posts I can find from iPhone users that bent their phone, and put them in one place" and suddenly that "agenda" makes them disingenuous?

20. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

If you can't figure out what would make for a rigorous and credible version of that site I really can't help you. Maybe look into some books on critical thinking?

21. wermy macrumors regular

"Figure it out yourself, and also you are bad at critical thinking" does not answer the question I posed to you.

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Part of it is probably because when a person reports their phone bent they are completely **** on and claimed to be a dirty liar.

It's easier to just go into Apple if your phone is effected and not post here. posting here gets you nothing but grief. Same few individuals troll every all of the bending threads too, I;ve noticed.

23. wermy macrumors regular

I think I might know one of the ones you are referring to. ;)

24. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

So you think the post showing Adam Levine in his car asking if his phone is bent adds credibility to this silly site? Or the photo where the phone was obviously greatly bent with the glass separating from the case? Or the duplicate pictures of a phone in what appears to be an Apple store (hey, lets go in and see what it takes to bend these phones)...

----------

It is always funny how people use the passive "their phone bent" as if it happened by itself, rather than "they bent their phone".

25. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I have seen more than a few that start with "I woke up and my phone was bent"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.