Has your iOS 8 installation already completed?

Ollifi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
I'm still waiting.

EDIT: iPhone ready (it took 1hr 10min), iPad still updating.

colleyvillesoon

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
mine has finished the download, restarted and am about halfway through the reboot meter with the white screen and black apple logo

Cobrajett

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
Well, I have three devices that I am trying to update. iPad mini, iPad and 5s. Strange though, iPad mini downloaded, prepared, verified, restarted and booted up without the update?? Started the process again on that one, both of the others are still preparing. Oh, bother!:confused:

Ollifi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
STUPID 2 STEP VERIFICATION.
So, I am updating both iPhone and iPad atm, and now iPhone requests for verification. Of course I cannot receive it!! Also the recovery key does not work, i have tried to type it several times.

APPLE, REALLY !!!!

edit: Okay, managed to get through it some way :D

New2012MacForMe

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2012
Nope. Started updating iPhone and iPad about 1 hour ago. iPhone fluctuates between 38 mins and 2 hours to go. iPad keeps saying 10 hours remaining to download. Damn....

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
STUPID 2 STEP VERIFICATION.
So, I am updating both iPhone and iPad atm, and now iPhone requests for verification. Of course I cannot receive it!! Also the recovery key does not work, i have tried to type it several times.

APPLE, REALLY !!!!
What are you talking about??

Ollifi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
What are you talking about??
When I had entered my iCloud credentials, then iPhone asked me for 2-step-verification. But all 2 step verification devices of mine were currently part of the installation process. So I couldn't complete the 2 step verification.

And yes, now I am at home screen! The only new thing is the Health icon :)

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
What happens if you start the download on wifi and have to leave it? Will it just stall out? Just don't want to eat up half of my data for the month!

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
When I had entered my iCloud credentials, then iPhone asked me for 2-step-verification. But all 2 step verification devices of mine were currently part of the installation process. So I couldn't complete the 2 step verification.

And yes, now I am at home screen! The only new thing is the Health icon :)
Podcasts appeared on mine, or at least it stuck out as the icon was different...

Widgets galore (OF2, Parcel, Day one), now onto swift key - hurrah!

spytech

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
iOS 8 here for about half an hour. So far so good :) Got the update 5 minutes before it went live officially, update went much smoother than when I updated to iOS 7 lol (took me about 3 hours to update)

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
If i had the beta of iOS 8, will I be able to go right to the official public release? When I check for update it says that iOS 8 is the latest update available but it shows up as available for download on my phone

Devlonc

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Mine is downloaded, installed and rebooting as we speak. It started around 1:45 eastern

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Done, actual process from download to ready-to-use took about 30 mins. However, i've been smashing that update button since 10am PDT and finally managed to get it downloading around 10:50am.

tomo999

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Bedfordshire UK
After iOS8 was installed and running I checked the app store and got immediate update notifications for:-
Facebook
Instagram
Evernote
Amazon