Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
both iPhone 5 and iPad air completed. did a clean install for both started around 1:00 and finished around 2:50 for both devices. 30 minutes for the iPhone and the rest was the iPad that took the longest to add everything.

LJ50

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
Yes on my iPad. 15 mins, start to finish.

iPhone... been going a while and still saying 10 hours remaining to download!

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
yup on the iPhone 5 install took about 50 mins total .. now still I got 3 4S phones / 1 iPad 2 to do but the rest I'm gonna do over the weekend ... Let server rush get down to manageable rate ..

I don't get how you guys are getting such speedy downloads. It's been no less than 12 hours download times since the release, for me. I've given up about 4 times so far this evening. Looks like I'm going to be waiting until tomorrow until the traffic is less.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
iOS 8 is....preparing update....took a wee while to download

does continuity/handoff work with Yosemite pb3?

I don't see the "switch" in Mac System preference pane to tick "on" in Public Beta 3...

I don't get how you guys are getting such speedy downloads. It's been no less than 12 hours download times since the release, for me. I've given up about 4 times so far this evening. Looks like I'm going to be waiting until tomorrow until the traffic is less.

Well I was probably one of the first on DL server for IOS 8 .. ( I was refreshing IOS software update every 15 sec. or so 'til it started the update process) .. I'm not on "super fast" ( Google Fiber etc either) mid rate Cable ISP ..

Last edited:

H1JJY

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2014
What a pain that as been :(
How to clear 4.5gb of space.
Then once downloaded it said I need 4.5gb of space. Rebooted then try again.
Once install had ran it then showed it had to be connected to iTunes and go into recovery.

Then started to update from the iCloud, it then shows 2 hours. After 20 mins then shows 3 hours, then 1 minute.

Been 3 hours and a total pain

iPhil

macrumors 68040
What a pain that as been :(
How to clear 4.5gb of space.
Then once downloaded it said I need 4.5gb of space. Rebooted then try again.
Once install had ran it then showed it had to be connected to iTunes and go into recovery.

Then started to update from the iCloud, it then shows 2 hours. After 20 mins then shows 3 hours, then 1 minute.

Been 3 hours and a total pain

All the OS / IOS update days are slowest server times / time-outs each year .. if you can wait couple days then re-try the update process...

Even :apple: with these Server "farms" will get slow as molasses on January day with the rush OS / IOS fans hurrying to get the new OS / IOS..

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
:cool:
I don't see the "switch" in Mac System preference pane to tick "on" in Public Beta 3...

I've been running yosemite pb3 for a few days

Well I was probably one of the first on DL server for IOS 8 .. ( I was refreshing IOS software update every 15 sec. or so 'til it started the update process) .. I'm not on "super fast" ( Google Fiber etc either) mid rate Cable ISP ..

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
So far all seems well.

Installed IOS 8.0 through iTunes Mac on OS 10.6.8 onto iPhone 5 w/ 16 GB.

Set up iCloud for the first time (never bothered setting it up before).

All seems fine. Smooth. Programs are working fine, seems like what it's always been. Oh, and I skipped on 7.1.2... I was still on 7.1.1 when I did the update through iTunes.

No complaints here. Glad I skipped the 7.1.2 brick your phone thing. This update went perfect.

Took only 5 minutes to update phone and be back to using it after the software was downloaded. I let computer download the update first, and came back later and plugged in the phone to update.

Oh, and I only lost 0.2 GB of space compared to 7.1.1. So, not too much bigger. But, hard saying because that also includes all my other installed apps being updated. So, a lot of the size could be the combination of other apps increasing slightly as well.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Where's the Mac side for "handoff" located @ .... Checked General Preference - not there..

If I type into search of System Preference - "Handoff" = puts me into General .. :confused:

see attached screenshot:p

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-09-17 23.12.11.png
    Screenshot 2014-09-17 23.12.11.png
    833.5 KB · Views: 90

rjalda100

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
I downloaded it but haven't installed it on my phone yet, I'm waiting until the weekend when I actually have time to wait for it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.