Has your iPhone usage reduced drastically after getting the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ani23, Apr 11, 2011.

?

Has your iPhone usage reduced drastically after getting the iPad?

1. Yes

100 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Don't have both. (yet)

15 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. ani23 macrumors 6502

I know mine has. The iPhone feels really tiny after using the iPad. I use the iPad on subways at work and at home vs the iPhone.

Obviously its no replacement and thats not the point I am trying to make.

Just that nowadays I am using my iPhone mostly only for phone calls and texts these days. I can say my usage must have reduced by at least by 50%.

2. fanboy05 macrumors regular

Now I use the iPad when at home... I only use the iPhone when I am out and need 3G coverage. I love the bigger font( I am old! ) and the bigger buttons for typing.

3. EvilMonk macrumors regular

EvilMonk

Its weird because I wasn't expecting things to become like that, now I always read my emails on the iPad, browse the web and do all the things I used except to do on my iPhone on it. Except for IM and calling, the battery on my iPhone 4 never lasted that long :p

4. ani23 thread starter macrumors 6502

And I tend to turn my iPhone to landscape to read emails before I realize my folly.

5. cbronfman macrumors 6502

I use the iPad2 instead of my computer too

+1

iPhone is for when I'm out (except for a few games I have on the iPhone that I haven't installed on the iPad2); when I'm home, I prefer reading emails on it - I also prefer editing the calendar, reading PDF's than on my Mini or my MBA. I really like my iPad2.

6. JeepGC macrumors regular

The iPad is my couch surfer/media device now except when I'm working out of course :D

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

It's weird to go from having to actually move your hands around the iPad screen to do UI commands to your thumb taking up 1/5 of the iPhone screen lol.

On the bright side, I think I'll be able to reduce my iPhone data plan to the $15 monthly one since I use alot more data on the iPad :D

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I got an ipad2 about 3 weeks ago. My usage of the iPhone hasn't really changed, because I can't pry the pad from my wife's hands.

9. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Been using the iPad more lately. Checked the iPhone this am- 3.7 hours of usage and 2 days 14 hours of stand by. No too much usage this weekend for iPhone.

10. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

My iPhone usage decreased since the iPad 1.:p

My eyes also got worse since I bought the first gen iPhone. I never had prescription glasses until the iPhone 3GS, so I was sold on the iPad when it was first introduced. Much easier on the eyes.

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

That's one of the most significant reason why I purchased the iPad.
    Also one reason I jailbreak, so nearly all apps are landscape where the font is increased. My wife's eyes are much worse now, after a year of the iphone.

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Drastically? Why do so many polls here have such drastically leading questions?

13. ani23 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cos if it wasn't a drastic reduction it wouldnt be thread worthy?

14. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

If I wasn't locked in a Contract, I would sell my iPhone (pay for Data for my 64GB iPad 3G).

If I can cut my bill in half, I can live without Voice plan since (most of us, I'm sure) I can use Text, Social Network (FaceBook, Twitter), E-Mail and Private Message on Forums on my iPad 3G.

15. ani23 thread starter macrumors 6502

You took the words right outta my mouth. I can almost imagine living with a dumb phone and a 3G iPad. Almost unthinkable a month ago.

16. neworleans-7 macrumors regular

neworleans-7

My iPhone is only used when I'm out now. The only time I use it at home is when I'm texting since I can't find a decent iPad app that sends texts.

17. ani23 thread starter macrumors 6502

Man I would love it if I could use the iPad for normal texts.

18. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Not at all for me. iPhone usage remains the same. If anything, my laptop usage has gone down because of the iPad.

19. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

My laptop usage was almost eliminated by my iPhone 4. Now I imagine I will just sell my laptop when my iPad 2 finally gets here. I only need it for one piece of software these days, and there is an iPad version of that software coming down the road. For the heavy lifting, I just use my tower, which also hosts all of our media to various devices all over the house.

I have always wanted tablets to take off, so I love watching all this take place. I have never been a laptop fan. They suck to drag through the airport, they are not comfortable to use on trains, airplanes, or in the car, and they are not good e readers. Now that I have ordered an iPad 2 I keep thinking of all the times I could have used it instead of lugging along my laptop. My iPad can't come soon enough.

20. ani23 thread starter macrumors 6502

My work laptop could almost be a desktop except that I néed to carry it to meetings and the one rare time I travel. Alsobi prefer its resolution over lcd monitors. I have stopped bringing it home and can rdp from iPad in emergencies. I dont think I could give up my laptop anytime soon as it does things so much faster at work.

So yeah I definitely need a full fledged OS to compliment the iPad but that may change sometime in the future.

The iPhone is another story. The golden boy is almost like a step child now. Still love my iPhone.

21. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Who said it was thread worthy?
    :rolleyes:

22. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

23. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Not using iPhone less BUT...

I am using my MBP. A lot less. I am basically using the iPad for almost all of my web surfing these days since I purchased it the day it came out. I still use my iPhone just as much as I was before I believe. I really didn't use it much as a web browser unless I am out of my house. My iPad doesn't get everywhere my iPhone does :)

24. ani23 thread starter macrumors 6502

No one. Except the people who have provided feedback and engaged in a meaningful discussion.

25. scidoc macrumors newbie

I love my iPad2

Just got it 4 days ago :D

Safari is faster on it than it is on my 2007 MBP.

Still have to use the iPhone to make phone calls for work, so it can't totally go away. But it does stay in my purse when I'm not at work. My iPad is now surgically attached to my left hand.

What's your favorite app? Mine is iKitty.