Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richardjhurst

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Well yesterday as everyone was aware was the day according to this site and many others that the Macbook Air was supposed to get a slight re-fresh for 2015. Nothing overly special but an improvement none the less. Now I've been holding off buying one for weeks now due to the "so called" knowledge of the websites in hope that yesterday it would happen, and surprise surprise it didn't and I'm left wondering whether I should just purchase one today and be done with it or do I hold off a few days to see if something does happen. I don't see MacRumors, 9to5mac etc all posting stories saying we got it wrong didn't we!! Rant over

Last edited by a moderator:

richardjhurst

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Scientists discover that rumors are rumors and not facts, news at 11.

yes I get that but now it didn't happen yesterday we no that it's a "fact" it didn't happen. would be nice for all the sites that built peoples hopes up with rumours that they now posted an article saying we got it wrong

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Built your hopes up???

yes I get that but now it didn't happen yesterday we no that it's a "fact" it didn't happen. would be nice for all the sites that built peoples hopes up with rumours that they now posted an article saying we got it wrong

Oh come on if this is the thing in your life you have to worry about then your life is pretty damn good......

Rumours are just that they are posted as rumours and guesses and no one has to apologise for not guessing correctly.

Get your head out of your bum and go and enjoy yourself and stop worrying about something utterly unimportant. They'll come out when they come out and the sooner you accept that (and the fact that most of the time things happen at their own pace no matter what you want) as a life lesson the happier you'll be...

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
rumour
ˈruːmə/
noun
noun: rumour; plural noun: rumours; noun: rumor; plural noun: rumors

a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Rant not required, just understanding of a simple word from the OP.

As you were....

slight32

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2014
I gave up waiting for any updates / refresh / re-design and bought one anyway. If Apple finally get round to launching something much better, I'll sell mine and get one, otherwise my MBA13 is staying because it's a great machine regardless.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Wait, you want a rumor site to post about rumors being rumors after all?

Wow.. You may want to look up the definition of a rumor. In fact, it is posted in this thread already.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden

Here's the heading on that one:

Apple Rumored to Update Non-Retina MacBook Air Line in Late February

Was that not clear enough? And wait, what's the name of this site? :rolleyes:

richardjhurst

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Wel I've gone and got myself a 2014 Refurb model now and saved myself a few hundred pounds so I'm happy! (but have 14 days to return in case something does finally happen)

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
The flavour of these posts makes me grin. Yes, this is "MacRumors". Yes, some of the rumors which are shared here do actually come to market.

My advice is to purchase the machine now if you need it, hold off to see what the next refresh brings of you don't.

Getting upset because a rumor turned out to be just that makes no sense, at least it me.

richardjhurst

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
The flavour of these posts makes me grin. Yes, this is "MacRumors". Yes, some of the rumors which are shared here do actually come to market.

My advice is to purchase the machine now if you need it, hold off to see what the next refresh brings of you don't.

Getting upset because a rumor turned out to be just that makes no sense, at least it me.

Yep i totally agree, it was a moment of posting madness and have now purchased a refurb one with a 14 day return option if something happens in that time frame.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I love the thread title. He hates rumors, but wants to know the latest rumor. :D

OP: Glad that you pulled the trigger on the refurb. I am still really happy with my 2013 i7/8gb/512gb MBA and am sure it will serve me well for a few more years.

thebrobrah

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
i actually thought this rumour was legit

and the more it isnt, the less a broadwell mba makes sense with skylake coming soon after

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I was going to say save some bucks buy a refurb, but I see that's exactly what the OP did in the end. Congrats, enjoy your lovely new MBA! They're sweet, sweet machines.

ps: I did exactly the same myself last summer - I bought a second hand 2013 MBA for a steep discount. Lucky I did because the summer's new 2014 MBA turned out to be practically a zero upgrade from 2013.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.