Hate Rumours!! When will MBAs be updated

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by richardjhurst, Feb 25, 2015.

1. richardjhurst, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015

richardjhurst macrumors member

Well yesterday as everyone was aware was the day according to this site and many others that the Macbook Air was supposed to get a slight re-fresh for 2015. Nothing overly special but an improvement none the less. Now I've been holding off buying one for weeks now due to the "so called" knowledge of the websites in hope that yesterday it would happen, and surprise surprise it didn't and I'm left wondering whether I should just purchase one today and be done with it or do I hold off a few days to see if something does happen. I don't see MacRumors, 9to5mac etc all posting stories saying we got it wrong didn't we!! Rant over

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Scientists discover that rumors are rumors and not facts, news at 11.

3. richardjhurst thread starter macrumors member

yes I get that but now it didn't happen yesterday we no that it's a "fact" it didn't happen. would be nice for all the sites that built peoples hopes up with rumours that they now posted an article saying we got it wrong

4. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Word on the street is that the MBA refresh is scheduled for the day after you buy one, Richard.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Built your hopes up???

Oh come on if this is the thing in your life you have to worry about then your life is pretty damn good......

Rumours are just that they are posted as rumours and guesses and no one has to apologise for not guessing correctly.

Get your head out of your bum and go and enjoy yourself and stop worrying about something utterly unimportant. They'll come out when they come out and the sooner you accept that (and the fact that most of the time things happen at their own pace no matter what you want) as a life lesson the happier you'll be...

6. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Rant not required, just understanding of a simple word from the OP.

As you were....

7. slight32 macrumors member

I gave up waiting for any updates / refresh / re-design and bought one anyway. If Apple finally get round to launching something much better, I'll sell mine and get one, otherwise my MBA13 is staying because it's a great machine regardless.

8. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Get better sources. No one 'in the know' expected a refresh yesterday. I know I certainly didn't... ;)

9. richardjhurst thread starter macrumors member

Well MacRumors certainly did :)

10. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I certainly didn't. I doubted that rumor from the very start.

----------

It's their job to inform people of rumors in the off chance it might be true. They certainly can't expect any of them to be true.

11. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Wait, you want a rumor site to post about rumors being rumors after all?

Wow.. You may want to look up the definition of a rumor. In fact, it is posted in this thread already.

12. Eadfrith macrumors 6502

Eadfrith

Apple must be the only major PC maker not to be offering Broadwell based computers now.

13. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

MacRumors didn't "get it wrong", they just reported a rumour from another website.

Apple Rumored to Update Non-Retina MacBook Air Line in Late February

There are dozens of similar stories that don't pan out posted here every year.

14. newellj macrumors 601

Here's the heading on that one:

Was that not clear enough? And wait, what's the name of this site? :rolleyes:

15. richardjhurst thread starter macrumors member

Wel I've gone and got myself a 2014 Refurb model now and saved myself a few hundred pounds so I'm happy! (but have 14 days to return in case something does finally happen)

16. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

The flavour of these posts makes me grin. Yes, this is "MacRumors". Yes, some of the rumors which are shared here do actually come to market.

My advice is to purchase the machine now if you need it, hold off to see what the next refresh brings of you don't.

Getting upset because a rumor turned out to be just that makes no sense, at least it me.

17. richardjhurst thread starter macrumors member

Yep i totally agree, it was a moment of posting madness and have now purchased a refurb one with a 14 day return option if something happens in that time frame.

18. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

I am really astonished.
    First, that someone dares calling this Forum to account for some posts concerning an event.
    Second, that someone makes decisions based on rumors.

19. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I love the thread title. He hates rumors, but wants to know the latest rumor. :D

OP: Glad that you pulled the trigger on the refurb. I am still really happy with my 2013 i7/8gb/512gb MBA and am sure it will serve me well for a few more years.

20. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Right on.

21. thebrobrah macrumors regular

i actually thought this rumour was legit

and the more it isnt, the less a broadwell mba makes sense with skylake coming soon after

22. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

New macs will be out on 12:01AM tonight. Just keep refreshing your browser until you see an update! :eek:

23. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I was going to say save some bucks buy a refurb, but I see that's exactly what the OP did in the end. Congrats, enjoy your lovely new MBA! They're sweet, sweet machines.

ps: I did exactly the same myself last summer - I bought a second hand 2013 MBA for a steep discount. Lucky I did because the summer's new 2014 MBA turned out to be practically a zero upgrade from 2013.

24. crsh1976 macrumors 6502a

Scientists have also discovered that wild rumors and a site called MacRUMORS.com share something in common - further research and analysis are required, tho.