Hate Safari 5.1 on Mac OSX Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by edtorious, Aug 7, 2011.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I hate the resume feature of the Safari, is there a way to disable it? Also after I upgraded to Lion, the Safari is now causing my iMac to crash very often. My iMac rarely crashes before the upgrade. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Try System Preferences > General. Uncheck "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps."

3. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

IT'S GARBAGE, HORRIBLE, A DISASTER, WHO WOULD THINK OF DOING... oh, wait, what? never mind....

4. marc11 macrumors 68000

Check out OSX Daily, they have a small article on how to disable the resume option on an app by app basis. I set my Safari so that it never is able to remember the last windows open and just opens in regular screen mode to my home page and some other apps to, while for some, resume I left as is.

Safari 5.1 is a little buggy at times, so for me I kept Firefox running as a back up. I use them both, especially now that I can run Firefox in full screen mode I tend to use it more often.

5. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

I'm having some issues with 5.1 as well. I haven't been able to find anyone else with the problem. Every other link I try to open gets downloaded. It doesn't matter if I command + click it or right click and "open link in new tab." I end up with a downloaded page. WHY?!

6. kopite19 macrumors regular

Wait, how? Is it native full-screen with it's own independent desktop? Does scrolling back and forwards work? I've moved from FF to Safari purely down to the scrolling back and forth, the double tap zoom and the full screen...is there a new version of FF as mine says it's up to date on 5.0.1...

7. marc11 macrumors 68000

If you change your swipe preferences to "change pages with 2 or 3 fingers" then page swipes will work with three fingers in FF and 2 as they do today in Safari. You can also install a small program called Maximizer that lets you set just about any program into full screen mode. Works great with FF.