Haunted Houses!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I made a post in the WW thread, but realized I should've made a thread.

Haunted houses are a favorite of mine during the Halloween season - there are many bad ones, but the ones that are done well, I never forget.

This year, I went to the over-commercialized Blood Manor in NYC. It was alright, not horrible, but not the best. I got a ticket for $15 through LivingSocial, so I'm not complaining too much. The long line really sucked, though.

However, right after that, I went to a seemingly little-known haunted house done by a company of ballet dancers (I think), the Steampunk Haunted House: Through the Looking Glass, in lower east Manhattan.

It was only $10 (for students), and the wait was almost nil. But let me tell you, it was AWESOME. This is definitely one of those rare haunted houses that was done well. I LOVED it. I'm even considering going back for a second helping, this time going through alone and savoring the experience. I'm not going to spoil it, but if you're in the area (or near enough that you can make a daytime trip)... GO!

I'm also considering going to Vortex's Blackout Haunted House next week, but the ticket price is a little out of my range.

What about you?

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'd like to visit a real haunted house. I've stayed in hotels reported to be haunted, but have not seen a thing. If you want I could start a new thread, but in the mean time, anyone ever seen a real ghost or witnessed paranormal activity?