Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbinkels

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
I own both, iPad 2 and New iPad (3), frankly in my opinion the new one is only marginally better. Yes the screen is better (it is clearer only if you compare it to the old one), and dictation option is nice to have but I was disappointed to see that its NOT noticeably faster than the iPad2.

I think those who own an iPad 2, unless they need 4G, can wait for the next one......

just my thoughts...

Same situation as myself. Exactly my thoughts as well.

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
agreed, can't even look at old my old iPad screen anymore. The difference is huge.

PrometheusGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
Forget going back to the iPad2 - I have trouble looking at my desktop monitor anymore! Ipad2 is still a great tablet, though. Many people won't find it worth the upgrade, which is great. I did though, and haven't looked back!

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I've had all 3 iPads. The 3 is nice but I'm back on a cheap apple ipad2 refurb. For Me, ipad3 is not worth the price, and now with the 2 down-priced, I've gone back to it for now. And i jailbroke this refurb i just got from apple. I enjoy my ipads a lot more jailbroke from apple's full control. I like a bargain and the 3, for now, is not.
I do like the dictation feature. I guess apple thinks Siri should be an iPhone only app. Too bad.

Xeperu

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2010
I gifted my iPad 2 to my GF after buying an iPad 3. I usually just grab the one that is within reach, I hate working on the iPad 2 though, I'm glad I upgraded. Will probably sell off her iPad 2 and get her a 3 as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.