Have I become the person I once loathed?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bruinsrme, Apr 10, 2011.

1. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I am a windows users that is realizing something strange in the equipment line up in the house.
    It started with the 3G iphone and the Airport Extreme, then of course the 3Gs and my son getting a 3Gs. From there my wife wanted a qwerty phone which afforded an ip4 upgrade.
    Being a jailbreaker the ip4 jb was first available on mac so I purchased a mac mini.
    While my wife was playing on her ipod touch she was complaining about it being so small that her eyes were starting to bother her.
    I went out the next day and purchased an ipad2, she can't put it down.
    Since that was supposed to be mine and she has taken possession of it I purchased a '11 13 mbp taking advantage of the $200 off sale at microcenter.

so after having 3 iphones, Airport extreme and an express, ipad 2, ipod touch, 4 ipods, mac mini and a mbp I have indeed become the person I once loathed.:eek:

After a few days on the MBP now I know.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Why would you loathe someone because they buy Apple hardware? :confused:

3. bruinsrme thread starter macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I couldn't stand the sight of apple or people who used their products.
    I was a major hater......

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Last year, I was deciding which computer to get. My new laptop had to meet all my needs --- allow me to browse MacRumours, and sometimes check my email.

That's when I decided on my 15" MBP with 2.4 GHz i5 processor. It's perfect. Almost. Almost perfect. *sigh*

*browses Apple Store*

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

It seems you are the same person that you were before. You just realised that your loating was unjustified. The products that you buy don't change what kind of person you are.

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Way back in the day, me too buddy.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'll never understand this mentality. Seems very shallow and petty. Get what best fulfills your needs and let others do the same.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I don't think you've become something you once loathed, you just shed whatever hangups you once had about folks who use a certain product. And just as well those sorts of hangups seem unhealthy.

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Assimilation is closer to the truth, and Steve is the Borg 'queen'. ;)

11. ender land macrumors 6502a

Me either.

I've kidded people about the "macbook wheel" idea (super fandom above everything else) but most of them are the diehard apple fans who take it beyond objectivity and it does become fanaticism.

12. bruinsrme thread starter macrumors 601

bruinsrme

how about just going with a paradigm shift

13. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well you can be proud your not still a Windows user but use iDevices and still hate Macs. Those sorta people are the worst!

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There is really nothing wrong with either. I’ve never understood the “hate” for Windows/PC’s or Macs.

15. bruinsrme thread starter macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I think a lot of the gaps have been closed over the years with the introduction of common connectivity and hardware, the reduction of hardware suppliers, and the power of the OS's.

I stil look for the start button.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Other than the use of packages on a Mac, which make it much easier to delete software, I like many things that Windows does (cut and paste, for example).

17. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Can't we all just get along? Live and let live. OP, your loathing was based on ignorance. After walking a mile in Apple moccasins...

18. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

yes, you are the person you once loathed.

but, you are getting what you want so it shouldnt matter... its all good.

19. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

And if I might be so bold as to suggest; you've realized that loathing was just silly, yes?

You've matured. You're rational. Congrats.

20. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well you were just uneducated before. I can see the reasons you disliked Apple users, as they pay more cash on average for their devices. But now that you get it, that Apple products are worth the extra cash, either due to software or hardware in some cases, hating doesn't make sense.

I would say in the future you could use this lesson to learn that hating someone for using a product isn't always needed, but we're all humans so its not always possible to use logic ourself into things.

22. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Simple: You didn't once loathe that Mac person at all-- you just envied them.

23. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

There was a time I was a Windows head, thought the Mac folks were foolish money wasters. Started with a 3G and now I've got an MBP and I'm currently watching Top Gear (Netflix) on my ATV2.

I dust off the Quad core PC for ripping & Handbraking my CD/DVD/Blu-Ray collection and that's about it. (The PC is still better at that one task)