Have some extra cash, Mac accessory recomendations welcomed.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TrojanX, Jul 22, 2010.

1. TrojanX macrumors member

TrojanX

Well I find myself with a little over 200 dollars in excess cash and just got my mac a few weeks ago so, as the impulsive teenager I am, I am looking to get some stuff for it. What Paraphernalia do you guys suggest I get?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

What kind of Mac is it? If it's a desktop, I'd suggest an external HDD, USB hub if you plan on connecting multiple devices, speakers... A MacBook (Pro) would benefit from a sleeve and bag if you do a lot of travelling with it. Possibly an external monitor with a keyboard/mouse if you plan on docking it as a desktop at home.

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

An external LCD.
    A case/sleeve/bag.
    An external USB or FW800 HDD for backups.
    A USB hub (these can be as cheap as $4.99 for an unpowered one, or as much as $24.99 for a powered one).

4. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

External hard drive or NAS, if you can afford one. Additional storage always comes in handy and backing up of your primary hard drive is important.

5. 314631 macrumors 6502a

Very first thing on your shopping list shop be hard drives for backup.

SuperDuper! software and a pair of 500gb WD Passport drives were my essential first purchases. I use the two WD Passport drives to rotate full image bootable backups of my system. And the drives are USB powered so portable, and quick and easy to connect up and use.

I now keep two local backup drives for every system, having had an external fail on me during a restore last year. Luckily I use JungleDisk for remote, offsite backups to Amazon S3 so I didn't lose any data. But opened my eyes that one backup drive is not enough to be relying on. :)

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

yuck. don't get the magic mouse. carpal tunnel waiting to happen. get the performance mouse mx from logitech. it is the updated version of the best mouse ever made the MX revolution. a pair of decent speakers don't hurt either. I've heard good things about Swans Speakers.

7. circularforward macrumors 6502

Nice matching laptop stand like the mstand or xtand pro.

8. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Additional storage.

WD has a great line of external drives (using their Caviar Green series drives) that look very stylish.