iPad Have to reset Multitouch Gestures every time I start my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheLondonFella, Oct 29, 2014.

1. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

As the title says, I have to turn the feature off, then back on every time I start my iPad?

If I don't, then no gestures work.

It's now at the point where it's frustrating.

I have reset all settings, a number of times, but it will not fix this problem.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to fix this annoying bug?

Please, no one suggest that I restore the iPad.

It's a 4th gen model, running iOS 8.1.

The problem has been present since iOS 8, when I did a complete wipe and install from fresh.

Thanks in advance ...

2. KSRX macrumors newbie

KSRX

Looks like every iPad on iOS 8 -8.1 have that issue. Some issue in Apple :mad:

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I've had it happening at least once a day. Cycling the setting for the Multitasking Gestures temporarily fixes the problem. I haven't been able to correlate losing the setting with anything in particular.

iOS 8.1, iPad Air

4. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

I've noticed this a couple of times after iOS 8.XX. Both on iPad rMini and on iPod Touch. Sometimes I had to do the gesture reset in settings. Other times, I seemed to be without gestures if i was downloading something such as an app update but then they returned later on their own.

Not consistent enough here to speculate as to cause. But will look forward to Apple fixing it.

5. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I don't know if it is a coincidence, but it seems to happen to me every time I open Instagram on my iPad. Gestures just stop working after that. So it could be something with the iPhone scaled mode...but I feel like it has happened elsewhere as well so probably not.