Have you ever done this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Sep 29, 2009.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Have you ever purchased an app from the Mobile App Store, installed it, tried it for a few minutes, deleted it... and then you forget you ever bought it (because you didn't sync it to your computer)?

Now it's not on your computer, so you're not receiving information about updates and the app gets better over time and now it's probably worth owning again.

I was just looking through the app store and an app caught my eye again... I remembered that I tried it a long time ago, so for the heck of it, I downloaded it again... and what do you know... it's actually more useful now.

I'm going to try to make sure from now on that whenever I buy an app from my iPhone, I need to sync it to my computer afterwards so that I can receive updates.

I'm starting to wonder what else I've done this with that I forgot to sync to my computer before I deleted them... hmm... time to go look at my emailed iTunes receipts I guess... hehe.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this...

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

iTunes -> Store -> View My Account -> Purchase History

4. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Quick tip addition, Go to the app you think you have purchased, write a review about the app, if iTunes let's you do so then you have purchased / downloaded the app before. Simple...

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I haven't, but that's probably because I only give Apps one chance and then never give them another try ... Maybe I should start!

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

LoL... I guess my response was to mean.... oh well. guess it won't be long now before another "I can't figure out which app I bought so Im leaving iPhone" thread starts.

But to answer the question... No I have never.