Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
with money you have or don't actually have? ;)

I have no money... but I do have credit :p ahhhhh... I'm too responsible to go on a serious spending spree, but in the past month I bought a treadmill, new washer/dryer an awning for our deck and a new BBQ. I need to let my card cool off before I get a new MBP ;)

HughJ

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
yeah i have, when me and the wife split up, she bought me out of the house, i only got 30k which i then bought the New gf a car, i bought myslef a car, and basically blew the lot, oh what fun i had :) and i dont regret a second of it

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
About a year ago I went on a DVD buying spree the worse hit to my checking account came when I spent $230 at Best Buy in one trip. I think when all was said and done I probably spent about $600-800 over the course of a month. Money that I could have been put to better use...but where would I be without my copies of Monty Python's Hoy Grail and Back to the Future Trilogy? :p

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
:eek: Mm hmm...

Hee... back when I worked and had some money saved up and ready to go... I visited an Agent Provocateur (the nearest one at that time was in LA)... Before I knew it, I'd dropped almost $1,500. Hee. :eek:

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Yea a few times.

Last year I went out and got a PSP, games, Mac OS Tiger, A hat, a watch.
Also Last year I got a drumset with alot of cool stuff with it.

Recently I got a new shirt, cologne, a sexy tie.

I love shopping!

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I totally splurged and bought a 12 dollar swimsuit the other day! Eek!

No, seriously, I'm as stingy as they come. That swimsuit was the first thing I bought in a while that wasn't food or... um food. I've been wearing the same clothes for years (I do wash them though :)). I also have a 6 dollar limit per meal, and I try to keep it under 6 dollars a day when it comes to food by eating at home as much as possible.

e

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
I usually do it once or twice a year. It just makes you feel good. However I got much wiser doing it though. I try to save the money first and then do it. Otherwise the CC company come and bite you in the A**!!

ScruffyTheMac

macrumors regular
May 21, 2005
Massachusetts
My last car purchase could be considered a spree. Infiniti FX45 - way beyond any reasonable need for transportation.

But it's wicked fun to drive. :D

Aside from that, I'm not much into conspicuous consumption these days.

pink-pony115

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2006
U.S
I'm very terrible when it comes to shopping. I have no impulse control. Sometimes I wonder how is feels to be thrifty.

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
There was a time in my life where I was spending $5,000 a month on my Lego addiction. I've toned down a bit since then, but I did spend $1,000 on GI Joes yesterday.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
ScruffyTheMac said:
My last car purchase could be considered a spree. Infiniti FX45 - way beyond any reasonable need for transportation.

But it's wicked fun to drive. :D

Aside from that, I'm not much into conspicuous consumption these days.

I love that car. Its cool and different.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Music_Producer said:
Lol.. your poor boyfriend/hubby/dad/sugar daddy..etc.. :p

Nope... just me and my Mastercard :D

Hehe, actually, no I *do* spend a lot but I always pay it off in full. I don't believe in debts - apart from my mortgage.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
dietcokevanilla said:
Yes. On an almost daily basis :eek:
But that's the key to happiness. From Twin Peaks:-

Agent Cooper said:
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
So once a day, every day, treat yourself. Just remember that it doesn't have to be expensive, or even anything that costs money, but make sure you reward yourself for just being you :)

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Dropped over $3000CAD on my sweet PowerBook. And one time, I got a student bursary for $500 and spent it on clothes.

Work hard, play hard I say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.