Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Lol. I’ve lived away from family since I was around 10 years old I think. I’m just too self dependent now to really need anyone else in my life. I don’t even get bored because I’ve got so much to do myself.

Not be nosy but what do you stay busy with? Just curious.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I've dropped my iPhone X here and there but it's always had a case and no problems.

Today, I got really frustrated about something and slammed it hard on the hardwood ground. Super hard.

I use the Apple Silicone case. Nothing happened.

I slammed it camera side down.

I'm not going to make excuses for it, but I've been having caffeine withdrawals as I'm trying very hard to stop and it's just been messing with me, along with other problems.

Please don't judge. Thank you.
Caffeine withdrawals man I can empathize. Usually it’s a massive headache for me.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Caffeine withdrawals man I can empathize. Usually it’s a massive headache for me.

Thanks. I'm just glad my iPhone is good.

And frankly couldn't this be considered somewhat of a drop test? lol

I can say that after slamming my personal iPhone X hard on hardwood backside down with the silicone case, my personal iPhone X did not break although your mileage may vary haha. YMMW.

And btw I'm back to my usual caffeine. I broke on day 7, in the evening, and stayed up all night after drinking a bunch caffeinated drink.

But yeah I'm back on it now, back on my caffeine habit. Maybe I'll be able to quit another time in the future. I hope so.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Man I’ve tried quitting. Thankfully cafeine doesn’t have the negative consequences as drugs or alcohol lol. Maybe that’s why it’s so hard to quit.

It’s just annoying when I don’t drink enough I feel the effects in the form of a headache. Usually the headaches come after two straight days of low caffeine drinking.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
No one is really in a position to judge you over this OP. You slammed a phone—you didn’t hit a person.

There are certainly ways one can better handle stress, but it takes awhile and sometimes life experience. Some of those who haven’t reported extreme stress often are simply not in as stressful circumstances.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
No one is really in a position to judge you over this OP. You slammed a phone—you didn’t hit a person.

There are certainly ways one can better handle stress, but it takes awhile and sometimes life experience. Some of those who haven’t reported extreme stress often are simply not in as stressful circumstances.

Very much an insightful response.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
No one is really in a position to judge you over this OP....... .

This is the internet. We are in the perfect position to judge anyone and anything!

Now the real question is: if your phone had been destroyed would you have used your AppleCare+ accidental damage protection?

jjohnstonjr

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
As you get older you start to think before you act. Having a fifteen hundred dollar device in my hand that use for almost everything and slamming it over something is foolish.

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
I've dropped my iPhone X here and there but it's always had a case and no problems.

Today, I got really frustrated about something and slammed it hard on the hardwood ground. Super hard.

I use the Apple Silicone case. Nothing happened.

I slammed it camera side down.

I'm not going to make excuses for it, but I've been having caffeine withdrawals as I'm trying very hard to stop and it's just been messing with me, along with other problems.

Please don't judge. Thank you.

Yes, ironically I slammed it yesterday. After the recent 12.1.4 update, my X is working horribly.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Sounds like you may need some anger management classes. I've been angry in my life, extremely angry but i realized that you need to keep control, and throwing something to the ground like that means you're losing control.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I am thinking some of this is BS.

If I did throw my phone to the floor, I would bet it would no longer be working. Maybe some exaggeration here.

People seem to be more easy to ignite a fit of rage these days.

I prefer control.

Reactions: davedvdy

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I am thinking some of this is BS.

If I did throw my phone to the floor, I would bet it would no longer be working. Maybe some exaggeration here.

People seem to be more easy to ignite a fit of rage these days.

I prefer control.
Ahhh.... one of those, a control freak. :D
[doublepost=1550841056][/doublepost]
Sounds like you may need some anger management classes. I've been angry in my life, extremely angry but i realized that you need to keep control, and throwing something to the ground like that means you're losing control.
Ok I play along. Prefer slamming android phone to ground in a fit of rage. Far more satisfying. The crunch is louder, the glass scatters and sprays farther. Definitely a far better phone to slam.

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
That's why you carry around two phones -- one iPhone and one $50 dumb phone. When something makes you really angry, you just toss or slam the cheaper phone. Also you look really cool when you do this, like someone who doesn't GAF. It's a great way to pick up girls.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I once through my iPhone down the garden after an argument with my wife. Found it the following day and it had had a soft landing. It’s not something I’d make a habit of doing though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.