Have you gone back after going Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheJing, Nov 5, 2011.

?

Have you gone back after going Mac?

1. No, are you insane?

261 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. Yes, because I had to.

19 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Yes, because I wanted to.

57 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. I've never owned a Windows computer.

16 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

I used to be PC all the way. I didn't even consider getting a mac when I was getting a new computer.

This summer though, before moving back to Europe I decided that I would buy a Macbook Pro in the US and save some money.

Since then I've also bought a Macbook Air.

I can honestly say that I will never use a windows machine ever again. Except maybe for work if I have to.

I didn't really know where to post this but I just wanted to know what people thought about this.

(Sorry if my English wasn't good, it's my third language)

2. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

Not interested switching back to PC either I like the Mac and don't want to go back.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes, I have. I switched my iMac for a custom PC a couple of months ago. Apple simply couldn't offer the setup I needed without extreme modding. Plus I need Windows for work nowadays. Not gonna switch my MBA though.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I bought my first Macintosh in 1987 and have never owned a PC since
    I have to use a Windows computer at work and have for years
    But my personal purchases have been all Apple since my first Mac SE
    I don't see that changing

5. tbear1 macrumors regular

I will not return to MS Windows. I have to use them for work, but will not purchase another.

Glenn

6. stev3n macrumors 6502

7. greganpace macrumors regular

I always had a PC growing up and it was always slow after 6 months of using it and I always spent at least half of my time on the computer deleting or defragging or compromising trying to make it limp its way through to fulfill all of my needs. Our high school used Mac G5's and final cut for our video editing classes, and I've been sold ever since. I will never buy another PC again, and I will never recommend another PC again. Even though a Mac is a lot more money than a base PC, it is worth every penny. I bought my first macbook two years ago and am on it probably 4-5 hours a day with school and fun, and maybe 3 hours total have been cleaning up the mac. And most of that was when I bought an external hard drive and went through all my media and applications to move stuff over. And that was simply because I was out of room. My mac is my baby and I now I never go anywhere without it. My wife even gets jealous sometimes...

8. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I think my work computer will always be a PC :( XP all the way...

At home I think I will always go with a Mac.

9. Mersailios macrumors regular

No, I have not switched back, and never will! I have to deal with PC's at my work and it's a constant reminder of why I went Mac in the first place.

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

At home it's Mac all the way. I use Windows at work, and only at work. Windows PC's will never be in my home again.

11. szolr macrumors 6502

I went the Mac way in 2009 at 16. I can't predict the future, but if Apple keep in the same position relative to the market they are now, they'll have me for life as a customer.

The Windows PCs at school and now university constantly remind me why I chose Apple as the way forward. I even managed to "convert" a load of people at school and they all love it too now. ;)

12. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I bought my PC a few years ago but it was ridiculously cheap and was too good to miss (it cost less than a Windows upgrade).

I can't see myself buying another PC unless Apple really dumbs down too much with future OS X updates. I don't mind iOS on the iPhone and iPad but I don't want to use it on my Mac.

13. tranceformav2 macrumors newbie

During my final years of education I always used a Mac but couldn't afford my own at home so had a windows machine.

Several years later (and no longer doing design) I got heavily into music production and bought the polycarbonate black MacBook about 5 years ago. I kept that for a couple of years but then went back to Windows for a gaming rig.

Stayed on that band wagon dreaming of owning a Mac again and in March this year finally raised the £1000 I needed for one.

I still debate about which is my preference but when going for what my main use of a computer is - music/email/internet/video/mobility then no windows machine comes close.

So in summary, Apple all the way for as long as I can afford to keep up with an annual refresh lol.

14. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

IMHO, this isn't an "either or" situation.

I use both and enjoy using both.

For gaming...etc.. windows. For work, my Macbook Pro.

Why not have the best of both worlds?

15. TheJing thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Yea, if you play games Macs aren't the best. That's for sure. But I never do so I have absolutely no use of a PC.

16. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I voted no, but I've had my MBP for only a year. Even though I had to shell out a chunk of my grad school financial aid for it, I have never enjoyed using a computer as much as I have enjoyed using my MBP. I'm usually a very remorseful buyer, too, but I do not regret making the jump and I don't see myself going back in the foreseeable future.

17. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Why would anyone who went back to a PC be here to answer this poll?

That said, if you're entrenched in corporate America you couldn't survive without Windows. I use bootcamp so technically I never left.

18. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Switching from Mac to PC is like selling your house for a cardboard box

19. contracteur macrumors newbie

I've been going backwards and forwards between windows and mac since 2005 when I bought an iBook G4, and movements to either camp have been entirely of my own choosing.

Currently on a Mac cycle at the moment however. :)

20. Mersailios macrumors regular

A wet and soggy cardboard house at that.

21. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I can't see myself ever buying a Windows notebook. There's nothing out there that even comes close to the MBP in design or looks, never mind the trackpad. Plus, an Apple notebook isn't much more expensive than a similarly-specced Windows machine (I mean something that offers the same power, decent design, weight, and features, not just processor speed).

But in the desktop world, I would consider a Windows machine. Factors like design are less important to me in a desktop, and because Apple doesn't offer a "real" desktop (they offer two speciality machines and a workstation, imo) the power/price comparison is more skewed in favour of PCs. I also happen to like Windows 7, so moving from OSX isn't the end of the world for me.

That's not to say I would definitely buy a PC, but I wouldn't rule one out, either.

22. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

I will never go back. I was a windows user for years. Going all the way back to Windows 3.1

I'm Mac at work and home now. One you go Mac, you never go back...

23. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I've owned a few Macs, but my current machine is a hackintosh – so uh… none of the above? I'm not sure where I fit in, haha. I run Windows because my engineering software is Windows-only, but I prefer OS X for everything else. Don't game anymore, so the lack of games or otherwise doesn't bug me.

24. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

No

No never be going back to Windows. Happy Mac owner since 2005. First Mac is PowerBook G4 12". Greatest machine ever built!

25. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I haven't gone back to windows since owning a Mac, but there should be more than one "No" option in my opinion. I don't mind windows all that much, it's just that I find OSX easier for myself to use. I still use windows on a day to day basis though, and I've found windows 7 to be pretty user friendly