Have you gotten used to the multi colored status bar?

KittyKatta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
Im not as against iOS6 as many people are, but the one thing that I still cant get used to is the Status Bar colors. Considering iOS doesnt open multiple apps simultaneously then I just cant figure out why they found it necessary to use colors to indicate a type of app thats open so ugly blue bars seem to go against Apple's style (and especially against the sleek black iPhone 5).

Just my 2cents. But how about you? Have you gotten used to the multi colored status bar? Did this solve a problem for you with older iOS devices?

Attachments

FelixDerKater

Contributor
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Im not as against iOS6 as many people are, but the one thing that I still cant get used to is the Status Bar colors. Considering iOS doesnt open multiple apps simultaneously then I just cant figure out why they found it necessary to use colors to indicate a type of app thats open so ugly blue bars seem to go against Apple's style (and especially against the sleek black iPhone 5).

Just my 2cents. But how about you? Have you gotten used to the multi colored status bar? Did this solve a problem for you with older iOS devices?
Leave it black. Thanks!

mleary

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2006
I agree, it was better before with the consistent black bar... really not sure why the change was made, I definitely find it distracting.

----------

Consistency is boring !! Without inconsistencies, there wouldn't need to be any upgrades…..
A consistent user interface, something apple is known for...

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
I agree, it was better before with the consistent black bar... really not sure why the change was made, I definitely find it distracting.

----------

perhaps Apple should have been consistent and stuck with iOS 1….

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

----------

Now the bar is consistent with the app.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I think it is pretty cool, makes me think my screen is a little bit taller as all of it is full of colour, no "wasted space" with just the clock, battery and carrier text.

Might be distracting if you are using personal hotspot but I don't use so I don't care.

MacDevil7334

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Been using iOS 6 since beta 1 and I still hate the new colored status bar. The old grey one fit and looked much better. But compared to some of the other more bizarre interface changes Apple made in iOS 6, this one is small potatoes. In general, it feels like Apple made a bunch of UI changes just because they felt like they had do. It doesn't seem like much thought was put into whether these changes would actually make the phone easier to use.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX

i actually like it. visually, it makes the screen appear tallker since the color reaches all the way to the top into the clock/battery area.

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
I wish it was either ALL apps or NONE. With it being somewhere inbetween, it's awkward.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
I wish Apple would allow themes. Themes are the only reason I JB anything.
I love adding the Superman themes. :D

Sital

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2012
New England
I don't really even notice these things until a thread like this one points it out (another example would be the change to the phone dialer screen).

Now that I've checked it out...it still doesn't matter to me, so I can happily go back to being completely oblivious to it.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I hate it, it's ugly and I have no idea wtf Apple was thinking when they made this switch.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
because most of the apps i use are the same color seemingly or full screen i don't notice it that much.

When i do i simply go "huh.... interesting" and go on with my business.

Don't hate it, don't love it, i never saw the need for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.