Have you returned/cancelled your original watch & exchanged/ordered a different one?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Photography, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Have you returned/cancelled your original watch order and exchanged/ordered a different model/size watch?

I'm contemplating canceling my 42mm space grey sport order which is slated for June delivery, and ordering a 42mm stainless steel Milanese loop watch because of how beautiful it is, and the premium display and scratch resistance that the sapphire screen offers.

Anyone else made the switch from sport to stainless steel or vice versa (stainless steel to sport)? If so, what did you switch to and why?

2. Photography thread starter macrumors 65816

Photography

3. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

I cancelled my SS BSB for the SS Milanese loop!

So happy with my decision! :D

Attached Files:

4. Stokkes macrumors member

On 04/10 (preorder day) I ordered a 38mm SG Sport, June delivery (ordered it at 10am EST, about 7 hours after preorders went live).

Went to Apple Store on 04/12 and tried different combinations on. Loved the SS, so that night, on 04/12 at around 9pm (almost 3 days after preorders went live), I ordered a 38mm SS Black Sport Band, 4-6 week delivery.

The 38mm SS I ordered 3 days after pre-orders was delivered on launch day, day 1.

Glad I changed my order! Also glad I got the SS, it's beautiful.

5. Nicklaus macrumors 6502

Nicklaus

I switched the other way. I had the milanese and liked the lighter more comfortable Space Grey.

6. Nellonello macrumors newbie

7. jeblis macrumors regular

I cancelled my SG Sport after seeing them in the store. I ordered a 42 SS black S=sport band instead. Puts me way back at the end of the line, but hopefully some of the initial manufacturing issues will be gone by then.

8. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I'm thinking about buying a SS, having a Sport right now. I may just order it and try to sell or give away the one I have now to family.

I'm not sure yet. I thought I'd not spend the extra $ on a gen 1 product but after having it today it feels like I get along with it pretty well. I love just looking at my wrist while I'm at my computer for messages. I hate getting interrupted while working so like just turning my wrist to see what's going on when I choose to, instead of Messages & Mail from notifications, which drive me insane.

9. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I had originally had ordered the Sport watch 42mm BSB and cancelled it as I was worried about the Sport Screen getting really scratched up!

I have ordered the SS WSB 42mm and should have it around the end of the world!

:eek:

10. eg0 macrumors regular

Cancelled my original 38mm SGBSB and ordered a 42mm SSBSB. Then cancelled that one exchange for a 42mm SSWSB (Which I'm wearing right now :D)

11. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

Yes. I slept through midnight preorder and didn't order my 38mm SG/BSB until that afternoon. Got a June ship date. Fast forward to Monday of this week, when I read about 38mm Green Sports shipping same day, so I ordered a green and cancelled my SG/Black. My Green was ordered Monday, shipped Tuesday, and came today, and I couldn't be happier...I think the silver case will look better with different bands than the SG.

12. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Traded 42 SS BSB with 42 SS Classic Buckle with a friend. No complaints.

13. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

After not receiving my SG Sport on release day I tried on the SS Milanese loop in the Apple shop, canceled the sport with 24/4 - 08/05 date for the Stainless Steel with a June date. I hope its sooner but I feel happier with my choice for all the reasons you mention.

14. Eightyone macrumors regular

I received my preordered 38 white Sport on launch day; returned it this past Monday to the Apple Store and ordered s 38 SS Milanese combo. I'm now without an Applewatch, but 5/29-6/11 isn't that far away ;P

15. macAllen macrumors 6502

macAllen

Im just now going though what you have gone.... EXACTLY the same models and bands too... What made you tip over to SS BSB from the SSG?

16. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

Yes, ordered 42mm SS milanese - currently wearing my 38mm sport until I absolutely need to return it.

17. dmonnin macrumors regular

Selling my 38 space grey sport on eBay after a few days of use. Just ordered 42 SS WSB

18. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

I did almost the same thing.

I like the Space Grey, but I think the white looks better and gives you more band options.

Sold mine for $220 over retail on Craigslist, ordered a White Sport. See you in June ;)

19. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

When you cancelled how long did you get the Milanese? Did you get it faster?

20. Lfcdan23 macrumors member

I ordered the SG sport but decided to get rid and I'm now waiting till JULY! Got my SB link

I know it's worth the wait but I'm so impatient

21. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

July? I just reordered yesterday and they said June?

22. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Ordered a 42 SS BSB @ 15:35 on the 10th, so over 7.5 hours after opening, and got a 4-6 week delivery.

Decided I'd "chance my arm" and ordered a 42 SS WSB on 25/05, and it's out for delivery today :cool:

I backed the Click kickstarter project, so will be getting additional bands anyway.

23. Lfcdan23 macrumors member

I ordered mine last week and it's a July dispatch !
    I'm in the UK if that makes a difference I looked again this morning and it's still saying July for new orders!
    I know it's worth the wait as I have been for the fitting

24. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Dang no words. We'll hang in there bro. Lol we both waiting.

25. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Got it on eBay, didn't want to wait for the band and really don't need a sports band at the moment.