Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
You're right. I got 13'' MBA first but found out that I really wanted it to be a bit smaller so I got 11'' MBA later.

Basically I just cannot find a solid reason to get an iPhone. Almost everything I can think of I am better off doing on either iMac, MBA, or iPad 2 instead on an iPhone. Interestingly, although I could not identify one solid reason to get an iPhone, I have a feeling that I will soon succumb to the temptation get an iPhone anyway just so I will have a complete lineup of Apple devices. Oh well..

Sell one of the MBA for an iPhone 4S

ruvil

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2010
Nope, but that is just me. I almost never send SMS or call people so i guess it's not needed for me. I use an old sony ericsson mobile phone which is more than enough for me.

tktaylor1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
Yes, I would. In fact, I am considering getting an iPhone 4s with extra Christmas money. I really want to wait for the iPhone 5 but this Droid X blows.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Nope, but that is just me. I almost never send SMS or call people so i guess it's not needed for me. I use an old sony ericsson mobile phone which is more than enough for me.
Note that, if your iPad has a decent internet connection, there are apps that allow you to make and receive phone calls and text messages. Talkatone, Skype for iPad, and Textfree for iPad (SMS only) come to mind. They're not necessarily cheap, though.

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
I got the iPad 2 as a gift and I bought the 4S a few months later. Only reason I bought the iPhone was cuz I needed a new phone I had a Palm pixi that was on its last leg, and I thought hey why not have the power of the iPad 2 in the palm of my hand, with Siri and great camera. For those who say web browsing sucks on the iPhone you obviously haven't downloaded Atomic Web Browser, you can make it full screen browsing and it's way better than safari. A lot of people say that there is no point in owning an iPhone if you have an iPad or vis versa. Others say they complement each other well, it comes down to personal preference and money. If you can afford it I say get one, it's not like once you make the decision it's final so it's not a big deal, do it and play around with it. I use my iPad at home and my 4s when I'm out. I couldn't give up one or the other unless I really needed money and was forced to sell the iPad.

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
I sold my iPad 2 to get an iPhone 4s. Terrible mistake. Browsing on Safari on the 4s sucks compared to 2.

This just in, the browsing experience on a phone is worse than a browsing experience on a tablet.

I on the other hand, am going to get an iPad 2 to supplement my 17" MBP. But compared to the MBP, the browsing experience on the iPad 2 is horrible, I don't know how you guys do it...

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I on the other hand, am going to get an iPad 2 to supplement my 17" MBP. But compared to the MBP, the browsing experience on the iPad 2 is horrible, I don't know how you guys do it...

17" MBP? Meh! Browsing is best on a 27" iMac. Nothing else even comes close... :D

guch20

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2011
Michigan, USA
I have an iPad 2 and had it first. Still got an iPhone 4S. I use them both constantly, often at the same time. I rarely use the TV or expensive Windoze 7 laptop anymore.

gtx281

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2011
Chicago, IL
krulOs.jpg

Pontsu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
17" MBP? Meh! Browsing is best on a 27" iMac. Nothing else even comes close... :D

Browsing is horrible with 27'' iMac..what are you talking about?! :D

Seriously, I think the 27'' iMac is an ergonomic disaster. I got nauses-inducing headache when I used it. Just returned it for a 21''. Power to those who could tolerate the 27''.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Seriously, I think the 27'' iMac is an ergonomic disaster. I got nauses-inducing headache when I used it. Just returned it for a 21''. Power to those who could tolerate the 27''.

Huh, headache? I admit, all that space was a bit disorientating at first, but I got quickly used to it. I love that I can set Word to display two pages side by side and the pages are legible!

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
SIRI may become available for the iPad, but if you need to use it while driving, you would grab your iPhone 4S and not your iPad.
Both devices are portable and each has it's size advantages.
I don't have an iPhone yet, but I choose an iPhone over any other phone, so I could seamlessly synchronize all my information between all my devices (iPad, phone and Mac). And also, buy one app and use it on many devices: Big plus!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.